Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Docking Programs Not Working Since Update to AMM 3.4.1 » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4995

David Marsh

Posted: 11/19/2011 08:55:29

Hello,

I'm having problem using 3rd party menu docking programs since the latest update to AMM 3.4.1. I've tried this with both Rocketdock and Stardock. Rocketdock will not activate by dragging the mouse to the bottom of the screen once it's hidden. Stardock's Tabbed Dock will not activate by dragging the mouse to the top of the screen, once it's minimized. I've confirmed the AMM is the problem by exiting from AMM, the problem then disappears and the docks work properly. The docks will work normally if an active program is full screen on the monitor, but will not function from the desktop, if there are not running full screen programs or programs are minimized.

System Specs:
Operating System: MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 940
RAM: 8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 401MHz (5-5-5-15)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-MA790X-UD4P (Socket M2)
Graphics:
SyncMaster (1920x1080@60Hz)
Acer V223W (1050x1680@60Hz)
Acer AL2216W (1050x1680@60Hz)
AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series Sapphire
ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series Sapphire
CrossFire Disabled

I've submitted this to support via email with detailed system specifications and my AMM configuration file attached. I did not receive a reply. I'm hoping for some assistance through this forum and I've also submitted the issue through their feedback form as a bug.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Dave

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 11/21/2011 00:20:14

Hello David,

Thanks for the post.

I've tried to reproduce this problem with Rocketdock and I was unable to do this.

What exactly version of Rocketdock do you use?

Could you send me your configuration files (Actual Multiple Monitors -> Send your configuration files to the Actual Tools technical support)?

Best regards.

David Marsh

Posted: 11/21/2011 08:09:43

Hello Vasiliy,

Thank you for moving my post to the correct forum section and for the reply.

The problem occurs with any docking menu that can be hidden, I've confirmed it with Rocketdocket (latest), Stardock (latest) and the same occurs with The top mini menu with Virtualbox when running OS's full screen. As I mentioned, exiting from AMM removes the issues. This did not occur until the last version update.

Via emal I've supplied my AMM configuration file and my complete system specs. FYI, these were also sent to the actualtools support email address about one week ago.

Thank you,

Dave

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 11/21/2011 21:31:17

Hello David,

Thanks for the response.

I still can't reproduce the problem even with your configuration files.
I'm running the latest version of RocketDock (1.3.5).

Could you give me a step-by-step description of how to reproduce it?

Could you also send me (support@actualtools.com) screenshots of Rocket dock Settings pages (General, Icons, Position, Style, Behavior and About)?

Best regards.

David Marsh

Posted: 11/21/2011 22:51:39

Hello Vasiliy,

The error only occurs when no applications are running on the desktop or are all minimized. The docks also need to be set to "hide". I stopped using Rocketdock due to these errors and purchased Stardock. Stardock has more control options and allowed me to work around the problems for the most part...

Is there any way for me to roll back to the last version of AMM?

Thanks,

Dave

David Marsh

Posted: 11/21/2011 23:07:44

Vasiliy,

I downgraded to version 3.4 of AMM and the docking menu problems have disappeared. The issue is clearly in 3.4.1

Dave

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 11/22/2011 21:11:20

Hello David,

Could you check whether the problem still persists with the 3.4.2 version of Actual Multiple Monitors or not?

What exactly version of Stardock do you use?
Is it Stardock Objectdock or something else?
Is the problem reproducible with a standard settings of Stardock?

Best regards.

David Marsh

Posted: 11/22/2011 21:43:52

Hello Vasiliy,

Responses to your questions are below.

Q1: Could you check whether the problem still persists with the 3.4.2 version of Actual Multiple Monitors or not?
A1: Installed AMM 3.4.2 and the problem with the docking menu programs is not present.

Q2: What exact version of Stardock do you use?
A2: Version 1.99.742

Q3: Is it Stardock Objectdock or something else?
A3: Stardock ObjectDock Plus 2.0

Q4: Is the problem reproducible with a standard settings of Stardock?
A4: Yes, it was prior to installing AMM 3.4.2

Thank you for working to resolve the issue, although we did not learn the cause of the anomaly, I'm glad that it's no longer an issue.

Dave

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register