Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Multiple Monitors bug , bug found in switching display profiles » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5042

Richard Ejem

Posted: 10/28/2011 14:58:20

Hello,
I am pretty sure that the problem I have found is a bug.
My problem is that I have NVidia GeForce GTX470 video card with 3 display connectors (2xdvi,1xhdmi) but the card can use only 2 of them simultaneously. I have installed AMM yesterday, configured windows to the first variant - desktop extended to 2 LCD displays. Then I opened AMM and saved this as a desktop profile. Then I've configured the second variant - primary LCD duplicated to TV connected via HDMI and saved this as a second profile.
Switching between profiles works fine if I open AMM window, switch to tab "desktop profiles", sel ect the profile and click "activate".
But when I do this from the context menu right-clicking the icon in system tray, switching to TV profile doesn't work (it seems to be checked in the context menu, but the display configuration doesn't actually apply). Switching to 2 LCD profile works fine this way.
I would suppose exactly the same behavior when activating the profile from app window and fr  context menu and due to that I am pretty sure this is a bug.

I am willing to provide you any additional information about the bug you'd request.

Thank you

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 11/01/2011 00:24:02

Hello Richard,

Thanks for the post.

Could you clarify what version of Actual Multiple Monitors do you use?
What OS are you running (version, x32 or x64)?

Best regards.

Richard Ejem

Posted: 11/02/2011 13:18:20

I use the current version - 3.4 on Windows 7 Pro x64

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 11/02/2011 20:17:48

Hello Richard,

Thanks for the response.

We'll investigate this problem and inform you about a progress in this thread.

Best regards.

Mark Bahntge

Posted: 05/23/2013 00:07:32

Hi,I was wondering if there's been any upd ate to this as I have almost the exact same problem:

I have a GTX570 which supports 2 displays at one time, and I have it hooked up to 2 monitors and one TV (via HDMI). I've created Desktop Profiles, and when I switch to the profile for one monitor and the TV it works, but when I try to switch back to the two monitor profile, the second monitor doesn't activate (it shows it as unattached in AMM and NVIDIA Control Panel). I can go into the Monitor Layout and Settings tab and manually re-arrange and attach the monitor, but every time I switch between the two profiles I have to re-arrange and re-activate that monitor (even though the profiles I made show the correct se ttings).

I would like to be able to switch seamlessly between the two profiles.

I'm running vers. 5.1.1 on Windows 8 64-bit.

Thanks!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/28/2013 18:58:46

Hello Mark

Could you send us your configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool for three different situations:
1. When the two monitors profile is activated, before you switched to the TV-monitor profile (when both monitors work)
2. When the TV-monitor profile is activated
3. When the two monitors profile is activated again after the TV-monitor profile, when the second monitor is not activated

Don't forget to mark the emails with the description of the corresponding situation.

Best regards.

Mark Bahntge

Posted: 06/05/2013 13:02:26

I sent an email with the attached config files to info@actualtools.com and support@actualtools.com a week ago but haven't received a response, just wondering if those were the correct emails or if I should sent it somewhere else? Or post it here?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/24/2013 16:54:58

Hello Mark

We've received your emails.

Do you have any information about WinDisk on your system? What is this device? It is placed among the display devices of your system. Could you try to use the profiles with this device disabled?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register