Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «May I ask a technical question? , Maybe bug/ design flaw? » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4579

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 10/19/2011 15:03:48

I've got two physical monitors attached.
I have a window setting for an app, to have it positioned on a specific monitor. I choose "monitor 1" in the drop down list. "monitor 2" would be the other available option.

Now, I switch on the MaxiVista monitor (ie Run server on laptop A, run viewer on laptop B).
The drops own list now shows "monitor 0", "monitor 1" and "monitor 2".

After the MaxiVista monitor is switched on, said window gets positioned on Monitor 2!

Why is this? Seems to be a bug to me.

Same applies to iDisplay. When I connect the iDisplay server with the iPhone app, I get an additional "monitor 0" in that drop down list box, so there are the following entries: "monitor 0", "monitor 0", "monitor 1", "monitor 2"...

So, why do the MaxiVista and iDisplay monitor both do get number "0" when "switched on", and not number 3 and 4?

And why is the specified monitor for positioning on start up not applied correctly, when such a "monitor 0" is "switched on"?

Is there any workaround to have "monitor x" always be the same physical monitor x, no matter which monitors are switched on or off?

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 10/20/2011 02:44:40

Hello TabSel,

Thanks for the post.

Could you attach these monitors (1, 2, 0 and 0) and send me your configuration files(Actual Window Manager -> File -> Send Configuration -> Send to the Tech Support)?

Best regards.

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 10/21/2011 17:59:34

Done. Have you got it?

That's weird: in the "move to: ..." panel the monitors are all visible and properly numbered 1, 2, 3, 4 and ordered.
But they are not available in the desktop config dialog and they are numbered wrong 0, 0, 1, 2 in the position drop down lists...

Currently testing AWM. Will there be a (beta) update until the trial period ends? Would like to know if I purchase will be working right...

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 10/27/2011 05:39:42

any news on this?

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 10/31/2011 01:36:32

Hello TabSel,

Thanks for the response.

We've received your configuration files.

We are investigating this problem.

We'll inform you about any progress in this thread.

Best regards.

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 11/22/2011 11:05:33

Any news on this?

I've got a strange issue and don't know which app is "responsible" for it... I hoped to get this issue fixed...:

As mentioned I use MaxiVista. With MaxiVista off, a window, setup to be positioned top-left of the leftmost physical monitor gets repositioned top-left of the second physical monitor, as soon as MaxiVista is switched on. It seems, that the top left desktop coordinate changes from 0,0 to -1920,0

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 11/22/2011 23:03:13

Hello TabSel,

I don't have any news on this.
We'll inform you when it's fixed.

I've got a strange issue and don't know which app is "responsible" for it... I hoped to get this issue fixed...:

As mentioned I use MaxiVista. With MaxiVista off, a window, setup to be positioned top-left of the leftmost physical monitor gets repositioned top-left of the second physical monitor, as soon as MaxiVista is switched on. It seems, that the top left desktop coordinate changes from 0,0 to -1920,0
- Do you have the same coordinates in the standard Display Properties?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register