Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «multi monitor support question , multi (soft) monitors » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3926

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 10/18/2011 05:56:35

Hello,

first of all a question:
I use a Dell m6500 laptop (Monitor1; 1920x1200). The DisplayPort is attached to a Matrox DualHead2Go (Monitor2; 3200x1200), which drives two physical Monitors á 1600x1200.

In addition, I use MaxiVista and iDisplay, both of which install a "virtual graphics card" (Monitor3, Monitor4). The Monitors content is sent via VNC to a corresponding client, who displays the content on their physical monitors.

These two Monitors (Monitor3, Monitor4) are "soft" monitors, and are "powered" on when their respective server/client lose connection. The MaxiVista client runs on another laptop B and gives me an extended monitor for laptop A, when needed, but isn't available of course, when laptop B is not available.

I thought about having multiple multi monitor desktop configurations, to have app windows positions/sizes adjusted for multiple multi monitor setups.

Problem is, there always is only ONE window setting per window, and window settings are not dependant on multimonitor desktop configurations. Bummer.

Is there a way to have multiple different window settings per window and easily switch between these?
Or is there even planned to have window settings globally (as it is now, or per multimonitor config?

What's more, I don't have Monitor3 and Monitor4 available in the MultiMonitor Dektop configuration panel. I only see the physical Monitors Monitor1 and Monitor2. To be fair, I don't see Monitor3 and Monitor4 in Win7s System Monitor Setup Dialog, too. MaxiVista and iDisplay provide their own "orientation/positioning" dialog.

Why is this? And can it be changed?

Sorry for all these questions! I recently found AWM and am testing it quite intense, as I see it fix a lot of my multimonitor workflow hassles. Great App! Might buy it eventually! :-)

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 10/18/2011 17:04:45

that's weird: Just recently I tried UltraMon and DisplayFusion.

UltraMon is the only MultiMon Software which detects my MaxiVista and iDisplay Monitors.

AWM, DF, even the Win7 Display Properties Dialog do not detect these two "soft" Monitors....

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register