Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[SOLVED] Hide window » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5390

ron

Posted: 10/17/2011 19:27:19

I had this problem before and after updating to 6.6 on my laptop it has resurfaced.  Is there a way to hide a window?  Norton System Doctor has a parent window that is normally hidden.  Starting AWM causes it to appear.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 10/17/2011 21:47:25

Hello Ron,

Thanks for the post.

Could you clarify what exactly window are you writing about (Window caption, Window class)?

What version of Norton System Doctor do you use?

What OS are you running (version, x32 or x64)?

Best regards.

ron

Posted: 10/17/2011 22:57:51

It's weird.  No problems on the desktop, only the laptop after I went from 6.3 to 6.6.  Went back to 6.3 - no difference.

I remember having an issue with this when I started using AWM.  But I forget the resolution.  I find no exclusions or setting on the desktop for the program - so I have no idea why the desktop does not exhibit the same issue.  Both machines are Win7 x64.

The "sensor window" is the application.  The "parent" must be the MainFrame that hosts it.  There's no reason for it to appear and under normal conditions you never see it.  But starting AWM exposes it.

I recall initially at work I just created a rule to have AWM move it to a far corner on a second monitor.  I don't have that option at home.

ron

Posted: 10/17/2011 23:30:34

Ok, here the difference.  I just started trying out 'support system utilities' on my laptop...

http://www.actualtools.com/forum/read.php?FID=10&TID=1723

That feature works in that I can control windows like computer management.  However, this is what causes the problem with Norton system doctor.  I re-installed AWM 6.6 on my laptop with 'support system utilities' unchecked and rebooted.  In this scenario, the parent window is not visible.  However you can still see it in the AWM dialog that lists all windows.

I tried minimizing the window to the tray but the child sensor window also gets minimized.

I can specify positions for the parent window - the one I'm trying to hide - so I can in some instances control it independently of the child (sensor) window.  

As I wrote all of that, I thought of something.  So I created a rule to align at startup to bottom right with H/V shifts of -100  8)

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register