Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «"Support system utilities" option during setup » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5280

ron

Posted: 10/05/2011 23:31:32

Is there a more detailed discussion of this option and why it might affect boot times?  I've come to realize I need it in order to gain control of MMC windows.

Also, as I attempted to install with this feature selected, I get this "Replacing in-use files" window listing allot of programs that need to be closed to continue the install.  

This options 'scares' me, I need comforting :-)

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 10/06/2011 22:19:38

Hello Ron,

Thanks for the post.

Is there a more detailed discussion of this option and why it might affect boot times?
It's necessary to check the digital signature for this option. And it takes some time.
The most detailed description of this option that you could see is in the installation process.

Also, as I attempted to install with this feature selected, I get this "Replacing in-use files" window listing allot of programs that need to be closed to continue the install.
This is not associated with the "Support system utilities" option. All processes that interact with Actual Window Manager must be restarted.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register