Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Window position after remote desktop » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5971

Bill Greganti

Posted: 09/14/2011 22:35:46

So I bought my copy of AWM a little while ago and I love it.  My problem however is not specifically with AWM.  The problem is I have a dual monitor setup here at home, and I often login fr om my laptop while at work.  As you can guess, when I login remotely all of my icons and stuff from monitor 2 move to monitor 1.  When I come home I have to drag it all back wh ere I want it.  This bugs me.

Is there some feature in AWM I'm missing that can fix this?  If not, consider this a feature request. :)

Thanks guys, best window manager I've found.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 09/15/2011 22:21:02

Hello Bill,

Thanks for the post.

Actual Window Manager has the "Save desktop icons order" option and the "Restore desktop icons order" option (right mouse button click on the Actual Window Manager tray icon -> Save desktop icons order & Restore desktop icons order).

Also you could create Specific settings for your windows with position settings and reapply these settings (Win+F5 by default) to restore correct window positions.

Hope this helps.

Best regards.

Chris Kistorian

Posted: 09/28/2012 02:33:21

Is there any way to save the desktop icons that AWM places (when minimize to desktop is used on certain windows)?  I ask because when I connect to my PC from a different location using a new desktop profile, the locations of the minimized window icons get shifted.  I was hoping the feature supported the minimize to desktop icons and not just standard windows desktop icons order?

Chris Kistorian

Posted: 09/28/2012 02:33:49

BTW I am using the most recent BETA version 7.3.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/30/2012 22:56:04

Hello Chris.

Unfortunately, this feature doesn't affect the screen icons order and there is no way to restore it after switching back and forth between desktop profiles.

We'll consider it as a feature request.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register