Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[SOLVED] How to identify AWM’s options window? » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 8595

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 09/03/2011 13:46:11

I have tried to make a specific setting for AWM’s options window so that it always opens in a certain size that shows all information and no scroll bars, because it is easier to have all options readily available without scrolling. However, I have found no way of identifying the options window, as it has the exact same properties of the configuration module’s main window. So if I define a setting for the options window it also applies to the main window, which is what I do not want. I also cannot make the distinction by using the window caption because they are both blank. I have used logging for identifying the options window's properties (Window class = "TUIMainForm"; program = "\ActualWindowManagerConfig.exe"). Is there any way to solve this (by me or Actual Tools)? Should it not be that these windows have different properties so that they can be uniquely identified?

I am using AWM 6.6.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 09/06/2011 00:56:59

Hello Pim,

Thanks for the post.

We'll add Window Titles to this windows.

Does the option window save the window size on exit on your computer?

Best regards.

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 09/06/2011 06:47:17

Hello Vasiliy,

Thanks for your planned solution.

Does the option window save the window size on exit on your computer?
Yes, it does. Thanks for asking. However, I want to construct some kind of "insurance" that I always see everything, as I repeatedly have found myself looking at the various options and then wondering where a particular option was located, until I realized that I was overlooking the scroll bar (yes, as an advanced user I still sometimes astonish myself  :o ) In other words, I do not want to confuse myself again, should it occasionally open in a different size  :)

Best regards.

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 10/07/2011 13:39:40

Hello Vasiliy,

The change log of AWM 6.7 beta 1 includes:
[*] Tracking of window caption changes is improved (in particular, for own Actual Window Manager configuration dialogs).

Does this have something to do with the issue described in this thread? When I read the change log it seemed to me at first that it meant that this issue was solved, but when I look at the AWM log when opening the options window, the settings for the main window and the options window are still the same. It is not (yet) possible to define a specific setting for AWM's options window.

Best regards.

P.S. I posted here and not in the beta forum because this thread seemed to me as the most logical place to follow up.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 10/10/2011 00:26:34

Hello Pim,

Thanks for the message.

Does this have something to do with the issue described in this thread?
Yes, this is fix for the issue described in this thread.

You are able to create specific settings for the Options window using title buttons or window menu.

Best regards.

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 10/10/2011 13:12:54

Hello Vasiliy,

Thank you. I am sorry to say it does not work. If I define a specific setting for AWM's option window, it is also applied to the main configuration window. This is consistent with my previous post that when I enable logging and the look in the log file the settings for the options window and the main window are still the same. In fact, both windows still do not have a caption.

Best regards.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 10/10/2011 21:44:17

Hello Pim,

I've just tested it and it works.

The Options window has the "Options" window caption.

Please, make sure that you check the "Window caption" checkbox.

Do you use Actual Window Manager 6.7 beta 1?

What OS are you running (version, x32 or x64)?

How do you create new specific settings for the Options window?

Best regards.

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 10/11/2011 05:43:31

Hello Vasiliy,

We have a saying in Dutch which literally translated is: "Now my wooden shoe breaks!"  :D

Today it works, yesterday it did not. I am on AWM 6.7 beta 1 and using Vista Ultimate x64. I have tried to define the setting in 2 ways.
(1) using the log screen, and the entering the data in the target window's setting. However, the log screen did not show a caption for the "Options" window.
(2) using the window menu. This did not work either as the Options window at that time did not contain the caption "Options" as I can tell by the log file.

That was 4 days ago and yesterday. And today it does have a separate caption  :|  I have updated to 6.7 beta 1 4 days ago, so the caption should have been there since then. I have done nothing else than restart my computer and performed CHKDSK /F, but that was for other reasons. As a matter of fact, I have done the same things before yesterday too, so I cannot explain why it is working today. And yes, after installing AWM 6.7 beta 1 I did log off and on when I updated 4 days ago, so AWM also got a fresh start. Well, there probably is a good explanation, but I can't find it (yet)  :)

I will install the latest beta on my laptop one of the coming days, and I'll let you know if the same happens on that computer and whether I was able to find the cause. However, if it works correctly right from the update I will not write another post, as that would not give you any additional information.

Many thanks as always!

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register