Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Window restores from normal minimize when activating its virtual desk. » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5019

Terry

Posted: 08/22/2011 19:10:31

Howdy,

Windows 7, 64-bit, Actual Window Manager Version: 6.6.

I have a persistent problem with at least one application (but I think I have observed the behavior with some other applications at times).

- Before leaving a particular Virtual Desktop (#1), I minimize all windows related to this particular Application. I then switch to any another Virtual Desktop using the Switcher.

- When I use the Switcher to return to the Desktop #1, the Application always restores from minimized to it's last restored position, even though I have not activated it.

- I am not using Auto-switch desktops.

- The application is ThinkOrSwim Desktop, which is a Java application, and I often have as many as 8 windows open ("tear-off windows"). This "restore" behavior applies to one or sometimes more than one of the minimized windows of that Application.

- I normally do not use a "Hotkey" to switch Desktops. I just tested one, however, and there is a slight change in behavior -- this time a *different* window of the same Application restores from minimized.

Thank-you for helping to resolve.
...Terry.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/23/2011 00:58:04

Hello Terry,

Thanks for the post.

What version of ThinkOrSwim do you use?

I can't reproduce this problem on my computer.

Could you send me your configuration files (Actual Window Manager -> File -> Send Configuration -> Send to the Tech Support)?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register