New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 16
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Drop-Down Menus not working in Firefox » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 19350

Ronald Stockfleth

Posted: 08/08/2011 21:34:51

I have Actual Windows Manager 6.6 loaded on my desktop computer with a multiple monitor setup. Drop-down menus do not work for me with Firefox 5. The drop-down menus work fine on a second desktop computer (single monitor) with Firefox 4. The drop-down menus work fine on my laptop with Firefox 5. Since the problem only occurs with my multiple monitor setup, I unloaded Actual Windows Manager and the drop-down menus in Firefox 5 started working again.

In summary, it appears that Actual Windows Manager 6.6 prevents drop-down menus from working in Firefox.

Ron Stockfleth

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/16/2011 01:57:17

Hello Ronald,

Thanks for the post and sorry for the late response.

Could you send me your configuration files (Actual Window Manager -> File -> Send Configuration -> Send to the Tech Support)?

Could you also send me a screenshot of drop-down menus that don't work?

Best regards.

Michael Robertson

Posted: 08/19/2011 08:22:47

I have the same problem.
Select lists (aka drop-down lists) do not work in Firefox 5 (or the new Firefox 6).

Example: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3517&dl=#dl

...on this webpage, if I click the down arrow beside: "Download type: Driver" or "Choose your OS: Choose" nothing happens--the list does not appear. I can, however, use the direction keys on the keyboard to rotate through the options.

The problem only occurs when Actual Window Manager is running, AND there is a "Specific Setting" for Firefox.

That is, if I disable my "Specific Setting" for Firefox--and click the save changes icon-- the select lists start working correctly.  :| So, Actual Window Manager default settings still apply to Firefox windows, but specific settings break the select lists. Odd.

Here is a list of Add-ons I use with Firefox:
Adblock Plus
All-in-One Gestures
Autoclose Bookmark&History Folders
Bazzacuda Image Saver Plus
ColorfulTabs
Context Search
DownThemAll!
eBay Sidebar
FlashGot
FoxTab  
Image Toolbar
NoSquint
Tab Mix Plus

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 08/20/2011 03:10:32

Hello all,

A similar issue with breadcrumb navigation navigation which I solved led me to the conclusion that the problem lies in the definition of the target window of the specific setting. I experimented a bit and found that this issue can be solved by defining the target window as follows:
- do not check the program setting
- check the Window caption setting, enter “Mozilla Firefox” and check “substring match”.
- it does not appear to matter whether Window class is checked. That may depend on further rules you want to define that may contain the words Mozilla Firefox. I would recommend you check it, because if the Window class option is unchecked and you f.i. open a text document which contains the words Mozilla Firefox in the title, the specific setting for Firefox might also be applied to that text document. Also, you will not run into the breadcrumb navigation problem as described in my linked post. If you check Window class the class name is “MozillaWindowClass”.

That should do the trick.

What I have learned from this and the breadcrumb problem is that if something does not work in a specific setting, but it does work when there is no specific setting, it is always caused by the definition of the target window in the specific setting.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/22/2011 02:12:35

Hello gentlemen,

Thanks for your messages.

Michael, could you send me your configuration files (Actual Window Manager -> File -> Send Configuration -> Send to the Tech Support)?

Best regards.

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 08/22/2011 04:28:33

Hello Michael and Vasiliy,

I don't mean to "shoot under your wings" Vasiliy, as we say here in the Netherlands, but I advice Michael to follow the directions in my post first before sending you the configuration files (unless you also want to receive them out of curiosity). This may save you both some time  :!:  ;)

I was able to reproduce Michael's issue and the solution I wrote down above works for me and probably also for Michael.

Best regards.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/22/2011 21:33:21

Hello Pim,

Thanks for your help.
I appreciate it. :)

Best regards.

Thomas Brestrich

Posted: 10/30/2011 15:01:29

Hi,

after upgrading to the new version 6.7 I found the bug still alive with Firefox windows unfortunately :(
Is there any fix planned please?

Don't want to think about the workaround each time after playing with the settings...

Thanks,
Thomas

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 10/31/2011 04:44:50

Hi Thomas,

Have you tried the solution in my post above dated August 20?

Don't want to think about the workaround each time after playing with the settings...
I don't know what you mean by the workaround, but if you mean the solution in my post: this is not a workaround. It is the way Firefox defines its windows and you have to have the correct settings in AWM in order for AWM to work properly. For me these settings still work well in FF 7.0.1 and AWM 6.7.

Best regards.

Jim McClintock

Posted: 05/21/2013 15:45:40

I've encountered the same problem and after months finally realized that AWM was the root cause. I use the Nightly version of Firefox as my default browser (currently Firefox 24.0a1), running on Windows 8 Pro. FYI, the Build Number for each day's new version of Firefox changes daily (or nightly, to be precise) and is included in the Window caption. Furthermore, in all the more recent versions of Firefox, the window caption includes the name of Firefox's active tab, so the workaround described above does not work.

Has a more permanent solution to this problem been developed yet?

Thanks,
Jim

Messages 1 - 10 of 16
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login