Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AMM 3.3 install problem » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 8280

John

Posted: 08/08/2011 15:53:09

After installing AMM 3.3 it said that it couldn't close some of the open programs, and that I would have to reboot to finish the install.  I did that and now after reboot, it gives me an error "Runtime library version mismatch.  Please log off and then on (if it does not help - reboot the computer) to complete the installation of Actual Multiple Monitors."

I have rebooted twice, and it still gives me this error.

Any suggestions?  Running Vista 64 Home Premium SP2

Thanks

John

Posted: 08/09/2011 11:22:14

Any ideas yet?  AMM 3.3 won't run at all.

Thanks

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 08/10/2011 10:57:14

John,

Thank you for the report. The problem looks strange and unusual. Do you have any security software running that might block AMM's library in the %Temp% folder?

Please try the following: open AMM's settings, go to the Options -> General, uncheck the "Run at startup", click Apply and reboot the PC. Then try to install AMM again (de-installation is not required).

John

Posted: 08/31/2011 17:34:28

Thanks for the suggestion Alex, and I'm sorry for the long delay I went back to 3.2.  

Just last week I bought a new computer with win7 (not Vista as above).  I ran the 3.3 AMM installer and had the exact same problem.  But I cannot do what you suggest, because AMM 3.3 won't run at all.  So even if I reboot, or reinstall, either manually or at startup, it won't run.  And this is happening on two computers, different OS's, so it's possible that I'm having a problem with McAffe.  I will try to install 3.3 again after work today without McAfee running and get back to you in a few hours.

Thanks

And I have another issue with the Maximize to Desktop button.  Previously I had a 2 monitor setup.  When I clicked on the maximize to desktop, it would set the program to the width and height of both monitors (perfect).  With my new computer (win7) I now have 4 monitors (and because 3.3 won't run, I am using AMM 3.2) and when I click the maximize to desktop, it only maximizes to 1 screen, not even 2, but when I click on it, I would like it to maximize to all 4.  Isn't that what the purpose of that button should do?  If it only maxed to 2, I would think that it might be an incompatability with having 2 graphics cards (both = Radeon HD 6850).  But with 3.2 I do have a tasbar on each monitor.  The monitors are setup like:
1 2
3 4

They all work in 1 big rectangle, and if I manually stretch a program from top left in mon1, to bottom right in mon4, it shows across all 4 monitors.  But using the button does not.

Is the button supposed to max to all screens?  If so, what can I do to

Thanks

John

Posted: 08/31/2011 18:03:47

I have just disabled my McAfee for both the real-time scanning and firewall.  I then installed AMM 3.3 and rebooted.  The McAfee is still disabled, but when the computer started, I got a screen that says "Actual Multiple Monitors" as the title "Runtime library version mismatch.  Please log off and then log on (if it does not help - reboot the computer) to complete the installation of Actual Multiple Monitors."

I have done that and it did not change anything.  As soon as I logged back in, it gave me the same error.

Thanks

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 09/01/2011 00:03:16

Hello John,

Thanks for the message.

Could you uninstall Actual Multiple Monitors 3.2, download and install Actual Multiple Monitors 3.3 ( http://www.actualtools.com/files/ammsetup.exe ) and turn on the "Run the library from the installation folder" option (Actual Multiple Monitors -> General -> Run the library from the installation folder)?

Hope this helps.

Best regards.

John

Posted: 09/01/2011 08:41:12

Good news, 3.3 is now running.  I guess the library wasn't getting installed in the correct location?  Either way, thanks.

And now that we have that working, how do I make the Maximize to Desktop title button, cover all 4 screens?  Or is there a way?

Thanks again for the support, I like AMM a lot.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 09/01/2011 22:10:32

Hello John,

Thanks for the message.

Could you send me (support@actualtools.com) a screenshot of the "Monitors Layout and Settings" tab (Actual Multiple Monitors -> Multiple Monitors -> Monitors Layout and Settings) and a screenshot of the "Screen resolution" window with a description of monitors layout?

Best regards.

John

Posted: 09/10/2011 14:20:54

Vasiliy Ivachev wrote:
Hello John,

Thanks for the message.

Could you send me (support@actualtools.com) a screenshot of the "Monitors Layout and Settings" tab (Actual Multiple Monitors -> Multiple Monitors -> Monitors Layout and Settings) and a screenshot of the "Screen resolution" window with a description of monitors layout?

Best regards.

Hi, any luck finding the reason the "Maximize to Desktop" only does so to 1 screen?

Thanks
John

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register