Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Surround gaming monitor boundaries , surround gaming » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5827

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 08/02/2011 16:15:28

I am new to AWM as of today.  I am using Trial of AWM 6.6.

Wishing AWM6.6 to replace:
-Dexpot (virtual desktops)
-Ultramon (multi monitor configuration)
-MaxTo (like Matrox PowerDesk, to set screen boundaries)

Is AWM capable of dividing a large SURROUND desktop across 3 monitors (5760x1080), to limit program maximizing indepent of which monitor it's on?

I am able to set programs to maximize to specific monitor, but I can't figure out how to make it maximize to a monitor independently.

Matrox PowerDesk gives the option of setting up zones (usually 1 zone per monitor) across large horizontal resolutions.  The reason they do this is that when you have surround gaming configured across 3 monitors, ALL THREE MONITORS are seen as a SINGLE MONITOR.  Therefore when I maximize a window it maximizes across all 3.  With Matrox PowerDesk I can set zones and whatever app is maximized, it's only maximized in the "zone" that it is sitting in.

Kinda of a second question, but I figure it's not possible...but...

Is it possible to use the AWM Taskbar in a similar fashion?  Say for my example, depending on the zones set, a taskbar is "live" for each zone, just as it would be for physically/virtually identified monitors.

In short:
1)  How to set app independent zones on large horizontal resoution setups across multiple monitors.
2)  Ability to assign seperate taskbars per "zone", instead of just per monitor.

If you can confirm this, or put this in beta, I'll definitely buy this product!  So far, really like what I've tested so far!!!

Thanks!

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 08/11/2011 08:42:34

Anybody???

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 08/15/2011 15:21:25

bump

I've sent an email to support about this and my other post.  I've seen other posts commented on by moderators but have never received a response for mine here, or in email.

Am I missing something?

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 08/17/2011 09:09:32

yes / no?

Can an admin explain why my questions are being ignored?  Seems everyone else is getting an answer.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/18/2011 02:37:10

Hello Chris,

Thanks for the post and sorry for the late response.

Actual Window Manager has virtual desktops and multi monitor configuration but doesn't have tools to set screen boundaries.

There is no way to get it using Actual Window Manager now.

But we'll consider this as a feature request.

Best regards.

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 08/18/2011 09:44:57

Awesome!!   Thanks for the reply!

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help