New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Transparency Problems » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 8651

Posted: 06/05/2006 13:50:06

For starters, I have had Actual Windows Manager for a while and I love the product. But I have experienced only 2 problems with the transparency option. I use VLC Media Player and when Actual Windows Manager is installed I cant play videos, and I know that its the Window Manager causeing the problem cause when I uninstall it my VLC player works fine. And 2nd, when I have my taskbar on transparency and auto-hide the transparency affect dosent work properly when my taskbar is placed on the top or left side of the screen. I have experienced these problems with both the 3.8 and 4.0 versions of Actual Windows Manager. My settings are on default accept for turning the transparerncy on of course. Thanks

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 06/06/2006 00:17:42

1. Please specify the exact version of your VLC Media Player.

2. It would be nice if you send me a screenshot depicting the problem to the e-mail address in my signature. Thanks.

Posted: 06/06/2006 11:05:18

It is the newest version of VLC Media player, but I have also had an older version that did the same thing. And about the 2nd problem, I cant take a screen shot right now cause Im not on my computer, but the transparency simply distorts when the task bar is on the top or left side of the desktop with taskbar auto hide on. I can see that the taskbar try's to go transparent, but it just shows duplicate lines. Thanks

Posted: 06/06/2006 21:37:26

Never mind the VLC Media Player problem, I got ride of it by getting rid of Direct X-9c. Thanks

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 06/07/2006 02:17:32

Glad to hear it. Still waiting for the screenshot on the second problem.

Posted: 06/07/2006 10:48:57

Well im not to sure how to go about taking a screenshot, but it looks like the transparency is trying to work, but it duplicates the end of the bar at each unfolding step, so thats why I see a lot of lines runninig through the taskbar. Thanks

Posted: 06/09/2006 21:45:41

Well never mind about me saying I had the VLC media problem figured out, cause after restarting my computer I couldnt play any more video's on VLC, it went back to showing a blank screen. I removed the Actual Tools program and VLC went back to working, is there anyway to fix this or get around it. Thanks

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 08/08/2006 08:40:57

Please, specify the exact version of your VLC player and send me your AWM configuration.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register