Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Auto-hide hide delay » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5835

Jim Miller

Posted: 07/17/2011 12:09:47

I've noticed that the amount of time that it takes the Actual taskbar to auto-hide on my 2nd monitor, compared to the regular Windows 7 taskbar on my main monitor, is a quarter or half second longer, or long enough to be annoying.  I expect a speedy hide after I move my mouse off of the taskbar.  Is this delay configurable in Actual Multiple Monitors, or could you make it so?

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 07/18/2011 01:35:06

Jim,

Thank you for the report. I have to say that you are the first who complains on the subject for more than two years auto-hide exists.

For now, this delay is not configurable. Please specify do you use 32-bit or 64-bit edition of Windows?

Jim Miller

Posted: 07/18/2011 10:55:48

64 bit Windows 7.  Thanks for all your attention to my queries.

Jim Miller

Posted: 07/29/2011 15:25:40

I forgot to add earlier:  I'm probably more sensitive to the auto-hide delay than most users because I keep my taskbar at the top of the screen (for vision reasons) rather than at the bottom.  At the top of the screen, an un-hidden taskbar will cover more important things, like menus and window controls, than it would at the bottom.  A common usage sequence for me is:

Bump the mouse cursor to the top of the screen to pull down the taskbar;

then select a running program to maximize;

then immediately try to use a menu fr om that program (or in the case of Firefox, try to click on a tab fr om the "tabs on top" tab bar).

This usage flow gets interrupted to a surprising degree when one has to wait another fraction of a second.

I see that a couple other areas of AMM can be configured to the millisecond, so I'm wondering if that can't be done for the taskbar also.

Thanks,
Jim Miller

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/15/2011 22:55:33

Hello Jim,

Thanks for the message and sorry for the late response.

We'll consider this request.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register