Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Why application would not be effected » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 9150

pat lundgren

Posted: 06/01/2006 21:00:59

I have a program which I cannot resize or maximize to full screen which is why I wanted to try your program.  Your program works on everthing I tested except the one I need to make changes too.  

The application is a specialized collection software last   updated in 2000.  We are using a new lcd which runs at 1240 by 1020 which makes the program unreadable which is why we need to resize it.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 06/02/2006 20:15:22

Pat, thanks for your interest to our software.

Please could specify what our program exactly did you try and in what way to achieve the desired result? Thanks in advance.

Posted: 06/06/2006 13:08:37

Using Actual Window menu.  The software we are trying to apply this to is Collect v8 from Comtech Software

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 06/07/2006 02:25:52

If our program can't help to resize this window then it means the Collect application strictly keeps its window's size. I would recommend to use the standard WinXP Magnifier utility ("All Programs -> Accessoires -> Accessibility -> Magnifier") in such case. Sorry that we are unable to help.

Tobiel Sayre

home user/amateur skinner

Posted: 07/13/2006 18:03:31

I use WinXP Pro SP2. When right-clicking the .exe file of some programs, in fact, most of them, I get to see some properties tabs with info on the program and also an advanced settings sub-button to click on 1 of the tabs.

It says SET COMPATIBILITY MODE FOR THIS PROGRAM TO - and then you can select older windows versions. By doing so, you also change the graphics resolution but only for that exe when its in use.

I think this shows as a normal windows feature and not because of the many special tweakers and apps I use or set.

However - this is meant to work as far as windows is concerned but might also depend on which programs .exe allows for that.

Plus you might not like the side effects of landing in a simulated older OS version.

Alexey´s suggestion thus seems safer, but with these older apps I also often treasure, it seems there is always some compromise or trick you are in for.

SATYROBE/TAXIFUNK/Tobiel Sayre registered user; non-staff

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register