Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Thumbnail Preview Selection » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4882

Wayne Bradney

Posted: 06/29/2011 10:13:52

It's a little hard to explain, but the way that thumbnail previews work in the extended taskbar is subtly different from the native windows 7 taskbar.

When I have multiple windows "stacked" in the native taskbar, and I mouse over the stack, the thumbnail previews appear and I can then move the mouse directly to the one I want to activate and click it. This works even if the mouse move happens to cross another taskbar icon - ie. there a timing tolerance of maybe half a second.

On the AMM taskbar on my second monitor, I can hover, get the previews, but then when moving the mouse to the desired thumbnail, if I accidentally cross the adjacent taskbar icon (which is highly likely if the desired thumbnail isn't directly above the taskbar icon), those other app thumbnails immediately appear, and I'm lost. It's kinda comical actually, like a game of whack-a-mole. In order to select this way on the AMM taskbar I need to remember to move the mouse UP first, and then ACROSS to the desired window.

I think you need to replicate the same brief delay before registering the "hover" over an adjacent taskbar icon, before showing that app's thumbnails.

Does this make any sense?

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 06/30/2011 01:30:29

Hello Wayne,

Thanks for the post.

We'll try to fix it.

Best regards.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/29/2012 01:46:46

Hello Wayne,

The problem has been fixed in the 6.7.2 version of Actual Window Manager.

Could you confirm this?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register