New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 20 of 38
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 | Next | Last 

Topic: «AMM "loses" apps in the taskbar » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 57520

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 06/30/2011 00:41:50

Hello gentlemen,

Thanks for your messages.

Unfortunately, we still can't reproduce the problem.

But we'll continue investigating this problem.

Best regards.

Dave Moore

Posted: 06/30/2011 10:41:15

As an additional note; on most Visual Studio projects there is no problem, but on certain ones Visual Studio disappears from the taskbar. I can't figure out a pattern to it.

Perhaps you could try compiling and running in debug mode as many different programs as you can from Visual Studio; maybe one of them will trigger the bug?

Edit: Also try 3-4 Visual Studio windows open at once, and compile in one window, or two at the same time.

Ed Scanlon

Posted: 07/26/2011 17:06:14

I can also confirm this issue.

Win 7 x64
3 monitors

When I open Open Office Calc and put it on the second monitor, then open another Calc file on the first monitor, the window on the second monitor disappears from the taskbar.

I have multiple Chrome windows open across the same two monitors but they don't disappear. The only thing I've lost personally is Open Office Calc.

When I open the second Calc file, while the first disappears from the taskbar, the second does show up. Closing the second does not recover the first. Double clicking the file (since it is already open) brings it back up, but does not restore it. The only fix at the moment is to close the file and re-open it.

This happens every time I do it. Was considering buying, since Ultramon doesn't yet support things like the live preview on secondary monitors.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/19/2011 01:21:58

Hello Ed,

Thanks for the message.

What version of Open Office Calc do you use?

What our product do you use (name, version) ?

Could you send me your configuration files (the "Send your configuration files to Actual Tools technical support" button) and screenshots of this problem?

Best regards.

Matthew McDonald

Posted: 10/28/2011 14:03:04

I have a similar issue but not quite the same as the OP.  Everything works fine for me, normally, but at some point the AMM taskbar stops showing active icons for windows that are running on that monitor.  I can fix it by stopping and starting the AMM from the systray.

Attached is a screenshot showing Outlook (the one I always seem to notice) as running but not listed on the AMM taskbar.

I am running Win 7 32bit.  Outlook version is 2010 SP1.  AMM version 3.4.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 10/31/2011 21:16:50

Hello Matthew,

Thanks for the message.

Unfortunately, we can't reproduce the problem.

Could you try to trace what steps cause this problem?
We can't fix bugs that we can't reproduce.

What other applications are running while the problem occurs?

Best regards.

Matthew McDonald

Posted: 11/01/2011 18:50:12

I wish I could trace the steps however it always happens unexpectedly, e.g. I'll lock my workstation and come back later to find that it's not working.  Happens to me every couple of days.

I usually run a multitude of applications as my role in System Administration tends to have 20+ different apps/windows going at one time.  Mostly MMC snapins, IE browser windows, Office apps, command prompts, etc.

If it helps I keep Outlook on the second monitor with the AMM taskbar at all times.

Jim Miller

Posted: 11/07/2011 16:16:10

I often experience these taskbar problems, for example with 1 or more of the 4 or 5 Firefox windows I keep open.  Often, the FF window will be maximized on one monitor, but the taskbar icon stays on the other monitor; or, I lose an icon for a window or two completely on any taskbar.  (I use a mix of an AWM taskbar on secondary and native explorer taskbar on primary).

Also, sometimes even the window manager (dwm.exe) gets sucked into an (empty) icon on (only) the AWM taskbar!!

AWM 6.7, Windows 7 64 bit

-Jim

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 11/07/2011 21:40:01

Hello Jim,

Thanks for the message.

Could you try to trace what steps cause this problem?

Best regards.

Ruben Bakker

Posted: 11/11/2011 04:21:25

Also suffering this problem. Noticed this a couple of times using IE8-32 on a win7-64 machine. It seems that when clicking a link from another application (in this case IBM Rational Synergy) causing a new tab to be opened in IE, causes the icon to disappear from the secondary taskbar. alt-tab to IE is still possible.
When start/stopping AMM IE is still missing. Restarting IE is needed. Also noticed IBM Rational Synergy missing sometimes
Was not able to reproduce, but hope this extra info helps in finidng the cause.

using version 3.4

Messages 11 - 20 of 38
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register