Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Photo slideshow in multi-monitor » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4812

Ed Arrington

Posted: 06/08/2011 19:28:02

I'm using Actual Multiple Monitors version 3.2 and it seems to work pretty well, however, the screen saver has two issues:

1. I have selected three photos I'd like to transition through using the photo slide show in screen saver mode.  In the config window, the pictures change just as they're supposed to.  When I press the preview button, the pictures change like they're supposed to.  But when the actual screen saver activates after 10 minutes, only the first picture is displayed, and it never changes.  Am I doing something wrong?  How come the pictures don't change?  By the way, the pictures are to be shown only on Monitor 1.

One feature request--can we get transitions?  At least cross-fades between the pics?

2. On Monitor 2, I have chosen for the screen to go blank during screen saver mode.  In preview, that doesn't happen, the screen with all the windows remains visible.  However, when the actual screen saver kicks in, it goes blank as expected.  That's obviously not as big a deal as the first issue, but I thought I'd mention it.

I have a new Intel/Windows 7 Ultimate computer with two Dell 27" monitors.

Thanks!

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 06/08/2011 22:10:04

Hello Ed,

Thanks for the message.

Could you send me your configuration files (Actual Multiple Monitors -> Send your configuration files to the Actual Tools technical support)?

Windows 7 x32 or x64?

Best regards.

Ed Arrington

Posted: 06/15/2011 21:46:03

Hello Ed,

Thanks for the message.

Could you send me your configuration files (Actual Multiple Monitors -> Send your configuration files to the Actual Tools technical support)?

Windows 7 x32 or x64?

Best regards.

Vasiliy,

I sent an email several days ago with the config files.  Did you receive them?  I'm not heard anything so I thought I'd check in again....

Thanks,

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 06/15/2011 23:11:14

Hello Ed,

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce the problem.

Could you set this screen saver using standard Windows 7 Screen Saver Settings?

Please, check whether the problem persists in this way or not?

2. On Monitor 2, I have chosen for the screen to go blank during screen saver mode. In preview, that doesn't happen, the screen with all the windows remains visible. However, when the actual screen saver kicks in, it goes blank as expected. That's obviously not as big a deal as the first issue, but I thought I'd mention it.
Could you clarify where do you chose these settings?

Best regards.

Ed Arrington

Posted: 06/19/2011 20:24:00

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce the problem.

Could you set this screen saver using standard Windows 7 Screen Saver Settings?

Please, check whether the problem persists in this way or not?

I used the standard windows 7 screen saver to set the photo slide show and it worked exactly as expected.  Primary monitor only, photos changing every 6 second.  Then I used MultiMonitor to set up the screen saver (Configure/Multiple Monitors/Screen Saver tab) and set up all three combinations--photo slide show on the Primary monitor, blank on the secondary; photo slides show on both monitors; and photo slide show only on the secondary monitor, blank on the primary.  In all cases, the photo slide show never changes pictures when it actually goes to screen saver (note that preview works fine).

2. On Monitor 2, I have chosen for the screen to go blank during screen saver mode. In preview, that doesn't happen, the screen with all the windows remains visible. However, when the actual screen saver kicks in, it goes blank as expected. That's obviously not as big a deal as the first issue, but I thought I'd mention it.

Could you clarify where do you chose these settings?

On the screen saver window (Configure/Multiple Monitors/Screen Saver tab), I simply click on Preview, and the photo slide show works, but the screen set to go blank doesn't go blank.  The blank, it turns out, works fine when the actual screen saver occurs, but just not in preview.

If it's helpful, my system is an Intel i5-2300S with one monitor on Intel HD Graphics (DVI) and the other on an NVIDIA GEForce GT 430 (DVI).

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register