New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 21 - 30 of 32
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Scroll inactive windows + volumouser » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 42003

zegames zegames
Advanced user

Posted: 11/22/2011 11:59:19

And support for Volumouser scrolling on taskbar is gone again. Time to stop bothering about it, WizMouse is small, I can live with both software running in background.

MGhell
Advanced user

Posted: 11/22/2011 15:53:18

Really? Doesn't seem so easy to properly implement these features. I'm back using Wizmouse again like you  :-)

System:
DUAL WIN7 (32bit)/WIN10 PRO (64bit)
CPU Q9550S
4GB RAM
Nvidia 460GTX

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 11/22/2011 23:34:40

Hello gentlemen,

I can't reproduce this problem on my machine with the 6.7.2 version of Actual Window Manager.

What Volumouse settings does the problem occur with?

Best regards.

zegames zegames
Advanced user

Posted: 11/23/2011 06:04:54

As I explained in first post, the control of volume by scrolling on taskbar, a basic feature of Volumouser, will work only if you get focus on taskbar. With AWM closed, you don't need to get focus, just move your mouse above taskbar and scroll the wheel. Note that WizMouse makes no difference here, it's just a Volumouse feature.

Besides the inconvenience of having to take focus, if the bar is full of tasks, you can't control the volume, lack space to click and get the focus. With a certain contortionists sometimes you can.

In short, if you enable "scroll inactive windows with the mouse wheel" in AWM options, Volumouse on taskbar will need to get focus to work. But, if you disabled that option and use WizMouse, it doesn't interfere with Volumouse.

zegames zegames
Advanced user

Posted: 12/15/2011 20:50:13

Version 6.8 beta 1 is out, I see nice improvements. Nice job! Actual status:

1) Scrolling on taskbar is working again without need to focus, but only for blank space. If mouse is above any icon or task entry, scroll take no effect.

2) Scrolling on screen corners is not working to control volumouse, except for left bottom near to taskbar.

My volumouse config:

User added an image

Turned off Wizmouse :D, I'll try the native feature for now.

Cya.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/16/2011 00:05:26

Hello zegames zegames,

1) Scrolling on taskbar is working again without need to focus, but only for blank space. If mouse is above any icon or task entry, scroll take no effect.
- The problem has been confirmed. We'll try to fix it.

2) Scrolling on screen corners is not working to control volumouse, except for left bottom near to taskbar.
- I can't find differences in the Volumouse behaviour with Actual Window Manager enabled and disabled. So I can't confirm this problem. Could you give me a step-by-step description of how could I reproduce the problem?

Best regards.

zegames zegames
Advanced user

Posted: 12/16/2011 06:04:18

- I can't find differences in the Volumouse behaviour with Actual Window Manager enabled and disabled. So I can't confirm this problem. Could you give me a step-by-step description of how could I reproduce the problem?

See this screencast bellow to see the difference with AWM enabled and closed:

http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cXlDXPvN3

I changed a little the volumouse config (added screen edges), screen:

User added an image

--------------

PS: testing better, I see that some maximized windows with focus, Volumouse is working in edges too. Just desktop and not focused windows is not working. But this is not 100%, need further tests. For example, Windows explorer fail on left edge.

PS²: found a secondary issue when was recording this screencast. To draw in screen I used a software called ZoomIt - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897434 -, with AWM enabled during the recording and draw mode on (ctrl+2) this tool lag a lot, really very slow to draw. After closing AWM the draw tool was smooth. Just reporting.

Thanks!

zegames zegames
Advanced user

Posted: 12/18/2011 13:23:59

And an old issue is back. Open Windows Explorer on c:/windows folder (to get scrollbars), click on taskbar (to remove focus from explorer), now try to scroll the left and right panel, only left one will work.

http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cXlFqrvWR

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/20/2011 21:28:46

Hello zegames zegames,

Thanks for your messages.

And an old issue is back. Open Windows Explorer on c:/windows folder (to get scrollbars), click on taskbar (to remove focus from explorer), now try to scroll the left and right panel, only left one will work.

http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cXlFqrvWR
- The problem has been confirmed. We'll try to fix it.

See this screencast bellow to see the difference with AWM enabled and closed:

http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cXlDXPvN3

I changed a little the volumouse config (added screen edges), screen:

PS: testing better, I see that some maximized windows with focus, Volumouse is working in edges too. Just desktop and not focused windows is not working. But this is not 100%, need further tests. For example, Windows explorer fail on left edge.
- We'll investigate this.

PS²: found a secondary issue when was recording this screencast. To draw in screen I used a software called ZoomIt - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sy...s/bb897434 -, with AWM enabled during the recording and draw mode on (ctrl+2) this tool lag a lot, really very slow to draw. After closing AWM the draw tool was smooth. Just reporting.
- I can't reproduce the problem. What version of ZoomIt do you use? Could you send me your configuration files (Actual Window Manager -> File -> Send Configuration -> Send to the Tech Support)?

Best regards.

zegames zegames
Advanced user

Posted: 12/22/2011 05:05:59

- I can't reproduce the problem. What version of ZoomIt do you use? Could you send me your configuration files (Actual Window Manager -> File -> Send Configuration -> Send to the Tech Support)?

ZoomIt v4.2, but sincerely, take low priority or just ignore it. My focus is really to fix all issues with scrolling inactive windows feature.

Thanks.

Messages 21 - 30 of 32
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register