Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Transparency and Ghost Settings , Do not seem work correctly in combination » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 7544

Scott
Advanced user

Posted: 05/06/2006 22:50:07

I am using AWM 4.0 (final version) with Windows XP Pro SP2.  I've been having a problem that occurs with any window I try it on--and here are the settings to duplicate the problem:

* For any window in AWM, go to Transparency settings.

* Select When inactive, and set the Transparency level there to something like 50%.

* Select While mouse-hovering, and set the Transparency level there to 0%.

* Uncheck all other Transparency settings.

After saving the settings, click away from the window being configured.  It should go to 50% transparency.  Then hover the mouse over the window.  It should become opaque immediately.  Now, the real test:

* Under Transparency Add-ins, select the Ghost option.

After saving the settings again, click away from the window being configured.  It should go to 50% transparency.  However, now, when you hover the mouse over the window, it does not become opaque.

I apologize if this is not a bug, and I am simply misunderstanding this functionality.  I understand that the whole point of the Ghost feature is to allow clicking through windows, but I was hoping that I could configure AWM so that windows would be ghosted if the mouse was over them for only 2 seconds (for example), but if hovered long enough, the window would become opaque.  This is what the Ghostify plugin for Miranda IM does.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 05/17/2006 03:32:33

Scott, please excuse me for a long silence. Currently the internal model is such that mouse-hovering doesn't affect the add-ins so it's not really a bug. Such mouse-hovering's neglect has sense for the Stay on Top add-in to avoid some undesired effects but it seems we overlooked that hover consideration might be useful for the Ghost add-in. Thanks for the idea, we will try to implement the effect you have told about in the next version (or after the next).

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register