Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «"Ignore Deactivation" Getting Ignored , Doesn't work at all for some programs, others only "half" way » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 10073

Steve Kalide
Advanced user

Posted: 04/21/2011 18:16:31

Two problems:

1. Using 6.4 Actual Window. As I wrote in a previous post, Crysis 2 isn't able to ignore deactivation at all.

(My main problem) Starcraft 2 was ignoring deactivation fine for a couple weeks. Now it only ignores it but won't un-ignore it. It's like it doesn't register the keyboard shortcut to reactivate. I've tried clicking in the window and re-activating and also clicking on an outside window (and on other monitors). It won't reactivate like it used to.

2. Modifier keys get "stuck" when reactivating. I'm wondering if this has something to do with the first problem. While in Starcraft, I Ctrl-Shift-Alt-Q to ignore deactivation and bring my mouse out onto another monitor.

When I try to reactivate to lock the mouse back inside Starcraft 2, it's as if the modifier keys are being continuously held down. I have to bring the mouse back into the Starcraft, left-click once inside, then press Ctrl-Shift-Alt at once and then let go of them (this seems to "unstick" them). Then I can press the ignore deactivation combo, Ctrl-Shift-Alt-Q and it reactivates Starcraft 2, keeping the mouse inside. (But now, problem #1 supersedes this issue, as it won't reactivate at all. I've even tried "unsticking" the modifier keys, pressing and trying to unstick them one by one.

I've also tested to make sure that each modifier key is still working (because another bug I believe is caused by the program is that the Windows-key sometimes stops working). Each modifier key continues to function normally when I use in-game functions).

----------
Nevertheless, I LOVE this program, guys! Seriously, what a fantastic piece of software. This program and its functions are something that I've always dreamed about having on a computer -- ESPECIALLY the mouse moving/resizing of windows and programs. Absolutely BRILLIANT!

I sigh with annoyance when I'm using another person's computer as the person looks confusedly at why I'm trying to move a window by repeatedly swiping the mouse in blank white space :)

Keep up the great work guys! I refer your program to all of my customers, friends, and family.

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/22/2011 02:28:13

Hello Steve,

Thanks for the post.

Did you upgrade Starcraft 2?

What OS are you running?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic