New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 17
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Actual Multiple Monitors , a couple of bugs to report » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 22556

Dave Moore

Posted: 04/07/2011 08:57:06

Hiya, I've been trialling Actual Multiple Monitors 3.1, and there are a couple of things I've to report when running on 3 monitors, with the middle using windows 7 standard taskbar, and two side monitors using Actual Multiple Monitors taskbars

(1) Less serious; I cannot pin some apps to one of your taskbars if they are not already pinned onto the main taskbar. Well, I can, but pressing them brings up an error; this happens with Explorer and Google Chrome, for example.

(2) I'm a programmer; when I have a piece of software in debugging mode in Visual Studio and paused whilst debugging, the two AMM taskbars to not respond at all. As soon as I stop debugging, the taskbars become responsive again. This is quite annoying so if there was a fix for this it would be awesome

Cheers

Grant Davis

Posted: 04/11/2011 11:22:13

Dave Moore wrote:
I'm a programmer; when I have a piece of software in debugging mode in Visual Studio and paused whilst debugging, the two AMM taskbars to not respond at all. As soon as I stop debugging, the taskbars become responsive again. This is quite annoying so if there was a fix for this it would be awesome

+1

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/17/2011 22:11:11

Hello Dave,

Thanks for the post.

1. I can't reproduce it.
Win 7 x32 or x64?
How do you pin these applications (drag and drop, via right mouse button click on an taskbar icon of application)?

2. The problem has been confirmed.
We'll try to fix it.

Best regards.

Dave Moore

Posted: 04/19/2011 04:37:34

I'm on Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
An example would be google chrome (current version 12.0.733.0 dev branch). I open chrome, move it to my left hand monitor (which is monitor 3, monitor 1 is middle, monitor 2 is right) and right click the icon and select pin to taskbar. I close down the chrome window, press the icon on the taskbar and i get the error message as attached. If I pin chrome to the main windows 7 taskbar then the left taskbar icon will now work fine.

It appears to me that the shortcut only works if one is created in
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

One is only created when a shortcut is added to the main windows 7 taskbar. Maybe AMM could create a shortcut here when an app is pinned to one of its taskbars?

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/19/2011 21:14:13

Hello Dave,

Thanks for the message.

We'll try to fix it.

Best regards.

Alexander Belyakov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 07/17/2011 22:13:13

Dave, Grant,

In the latest version of AMM, the problem with the debuggers was fixed.
Could you please confirm this?

Dave Moore

Posted: 07/26/2011 05:44:16

I've just downloaded the latest beta version at work. I'll let you know how I get on with Visual Studio :)

Dave Moore

Posted: 07/26/2011 09:36:19

I'm afraid that one of the three Visual Studio instances I have open has just disappeared from the AMM taskbar on the latest beta :(

I do have a theory on how it happens for me a lot: Have multiple Visual Studio windows open, all in the window of an AMM taskbar. Now, in one of them, compile & run in debug mode, but make something within the code cause an exception. No press continue then break on this exception window.

I think perhaps it's this exception window popping up that is occasionally making another visual studio taskbar disappear.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/18/2011 22:45:28

Hello Dave,

Thanks for the message.

Could you install Actual Multiple Monitors 3.3 and check whether these problems are fixed or not:

(2) I'm a programmer; when I have a piece of software in debugging mode in Visual Studio and paused whilst debugging, the two AMM taskbars to not respond at all. As soon as I stop debugging, the taskbars become responsive again. This is quite annoying so if there was a fix for this it would be awesome

I'm afraid that one of the three Visual Studio instances I have open has just disappeared from the AMM taskbar on the latest beta

Best regards.

mike cline

Posted: 09/02/2011 14:03:29

Hello, I am new to this thread.  I'm finding that while running Visual Studio, the Visual Studio instance disappears from the AMM taskbar frequently.  

I'm running v3.3.

I don't know what triggers it.  The tab for Visual Studio appears when I first start Visual Studio, but at some point later it disappears.

-Mike

Messages 1 - 10 of 17
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register