New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 14
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Ignore Deactivation , Games in which it is NOT working. » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 20560

Philipp Kreutzer

Posted: 03/17/2011 07:45:35

Dear Developer Team,

at first I was sceptical of AMM, but after trying your tool I decided it was totally worth the money, especially because of the "Ingore Deactivation" feature, which I searched for ages in a programme. But there are some games in which it is not really working: Crysis 2 Demo, FarCry 2, Borderlands (basically every new shooter on Steam I guess), Armored Princess: Crossworlds, King's Bounty (also on Steam). The lock/unlock mouse feature doesn't help either. There might be more, but I did not have the time to check every game yet.
/edit: With Call of Duty Black Ops, you cannot leave the main monitor with the mouse, but you can enable Ignore Deactivation and press the windows key. The Game will stay open and the mouse will be unlocked. Doesn't work with Borderlands though.) /edit.
/edit2: With games like Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 etc. the mouse lock won't work. Again a Steam game, but I don't know if it is Steam specific. /edit2.
(All games programmed in Source support a borderless maximized windowed mode anyway, so I don't know about those.)

I would be glad if you could look into this problem. (You can't even switch to the other window if you are still in the menues where the mouse is unbound and not centered in the middle.)

Best Wishes,
P. Kreutzer

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/18/2011 02:34:57

Hello Philipp,

Thanks for the post.

We'll investigate the problem.

Best regards.

Philipp Kreutzer

Posted: 03/18/2011 06:57:55

Dear Vasiliy,

if you are seriously looking into this problem I would be fine with updating (and structure) the list in the first post for you as I encounter problems with other games (as well as maybe adding screenshots).
Give me a shout if you would be interested in me doing this.

Best wishes,
Philipp

Philipp Kreutzer

Posted: 03/20/2011 06:23:27

Philipp Kreutzer wrote:
/edit2: With games like Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 etc. the mouse lock won't work. Again a Steam game, but I don't know if it is Steam specific. /edit2.

I just saw the beta-patchnotes for 3.2, I actually think

"Minor Fixes and Improvements    * The new Lock Mouse in Monitor hotkey is added (Alt-P by default)."

could help with that. Didn't try it yet, waiting for the release.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/21/2011 00:04:09

Hello Philipp,

Thanks for your help.

We'll try to reproduce these problems and investigate them.

We'll contact you if we'll have questions.

Best regards.

Philipp Kreutzer

Posted: 03/22/2011 10:12:16

Just a little update:
With the Beta 3.2 Command and Conquer works fine, mouse curser does not get out of the window, except when activating "Ignore Deactivation", like it should be. Don't know what you changed, but it works here.
Crysis 2 Demo now allows the mouse cursor to move out of the screen, but Ignore Deactivation does not work anyway.
Rest of problems unchanged.

Matthew Vorce

Posted: 03/22/2011 13:05:21

Hello,

I was also attracted to AWM because of the ignore deactivation feature. I was originally able to run Lord of the Rings online on one monitor in full screen and move my mouse over to the next without the game deactivating. As of the latest patch I am no longer able to move the mouse over to the second monitor while in full screen. I am also unable to alt+tab over to the other screen. I am basically stuck on the first monitor even though the second monitor is showing. Any possible reasons for this?

I am running Actual Windows Manager 6.4 with ignore deactivation checked to run on startup.

Thanks.

Matthew Vorce

Posted: 03/22/2011 13:16:40

I am also unable to use the move mouse to next monitor hotkey. It works when the game is in windowed mode but not when I switch to full screen. Also forgot to mention the patch which I mentioned in my earlier patch was a patch to the Lord of the Rings game not to AWM.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/23/2011 01:00:27

Hello Matthew,

Thanks for the message.

As of the latest patch I am no longer able to move the mouse over to the second monitor while in full screen.
Do you mean Actual Window Manager 6.5 beta 1 or the Lord of the Rings game update by mentioned "patch"?

Best regards.

Matthew Vorce

Posted: 03/23/2011 18:17:53

The latest Lord of the Rings game patch

Messages 1 - 10 of 14
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search