Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Setting to center window within area specified by Restrict placement » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3889

Mike Brazil
Advanced user

Posted: 03/02/2011 03:15:38

This is a request to add a feature to the Position tab.

I'd like to be able to set a window to be centered (horizontally, vertically, or both) within the area defined by the settings for Restrict placement.

For example, I run DS Clock, which puts a configurable clock on my desktop. I had a problem with the clock not remaining where I want it, even when I set the clock to be locked in position (an option in the clock program). To try to force the clock to always be in one place, I set limits using Restrict placement. However, because the way I have the clock set up, the second line of text it displays is in the form of 'Day - Date', so the width of the clock varies with the length of the day name and the number of digits necessary for the date. I had to specify limits that leave enough room for the maximum width of the clock (e.g., Wednesday - 10/12). In this case, vertical centering is not necessary, but if it were possible to specify horizontal centering, the clock would always be centered in the same spot. This is important to me because I want the clock to be centered when it is superimposed on top of an autohide toolbar at the right edge of the desktop.

Mike

--
Mike

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/02/2011 21:33:43

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the post.

We'll consider your request.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic