Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[SOLVED] Minimize to Tray from StartUp Folder » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 10594

Tom McCune

Posted: 04/12/2006 19:28:20

I'm trying Actual Window Minimizer.  I would like to have a shortcut in the StartUp Folder (WinXP Pro SP2) that when opening Windows will result in the application being launched, but minimized to the notification area.  

I have set a Window Rule for the application, and set it for "mimimize window when it is launched."  But when I close the application and double click on the shortcut in the StartUp Folder, it launches the application in a regular window.  This is regardless of whether that is the shortcut Run setting, or whether it is set to Mimimized.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 04/14/2006 02:31:05

Tom, thanks for your interest to Actual Tools. Do you adjust Actual Window Minimizer adjusted so it will be loaded at Windows startup? You can do this using the "Load at startup" option which can accessed via the Configuration window -> "Actions" menu item -> "Options..." menu -> "General".

Posted: 04/14/2006 14:32:04

Yes, Actual Window Minimizer is set to load on boot, and does do so.  However, whether the application (PGP Desktop 9.0.6) is launched from the startup folder on boot, or from a shortcut after booting, it opens as a regular window.  The minimize button does minimize it to the notification area as desired.  Other than this one desire, AWM does work as I want it to.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 04/17/2006 02:04:51

It seems that the window rule for your application is configured improperly. Please send us your settings file (better if packed by ZIP) to the e-mail in my signature. The file is named "ActualWindowMinimizer.ini" and located in the AWM installation folder (C:\Program Files\Actual Window Minimizer by default).

Tom McCune

Posted: 04/17/2006 16:30:00

Thank you.

I emailed it in first thing this morning.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 04/19/2006 03:47:49

Tom,

Thanks, I have received your settings, checked them and found that the rule for PGP Desktop is configured right. Actually AWM does minimize the PGP Desktop main window but it is automatically restored immediately after the minimization. It seems that PGP Desktop enforces its main window to be active in some time after its creation so currently AWM can't help in such situation. Sorry.

Tom McCune

Posted: 04/19/2006 06:01:02

Thanks for the explanation.

At least it does do the job of minimizing to the notification area when I use the minimize button for the window.  This keeps me from accidentally closing it as I was when it was on the task bar.

Thanks again.

Tom McCune

Posted: 04/19/2006 20:54:24

I have noticed something interesting today.  I am still on the Trial usage.  If I don't immediately hit the Trial OK button when logging in, and wait a little while before hitting it, PGP Desktop will be launched minimized to the notification area as I want.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 04/19/2006 21:50:29

I suppose this confirms my guess about enforced activation of the main PGP Desktop window.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 12/16/2006 07:03:43

The mentioned issue can be solved by using the "Block self-restoration" feature added in the version 4.2 of Actual Tools.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register