Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM reliability issues » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 9572

Mike Brazil
Advanced user

Posted: 12/14/2010 20:23:38

This isn't new with 6.3, but I've experienced a lack of reliability in terms of rules always working correctly, especially for certain apps. I think this is more of a problem with the apps being difficult to work with than a deficiency in Actual Window Manager, but maybe something could be done to improve the situation.

For example, and this is probably the most extreme case I've observed, I have a rule set up for WeatherPulse (http://www.tropicdesigns.net/software/weather-pulse/). My rule includes sizing, alignment, caption renaming, title-button choices and shift, and a few other minor things. The choice of which title buttons are displayed and the caption name seem to be completely reliable. The title-button shift is almost completely non-functional. Sizing and alignment work intermittently, as does choice of monitor, but monitor choice is less reliable than sizing and alignment.

In the case of some other apps, the most frequent problems seem to relate to button shift and sizing.

--
Mike

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/14/2010 22:04:18

Hello Mike,

Which rule is triggered for Weather Pulse (right click on Weather Pulse caption -> Actual Window Manager -> Currently applied)?

What other apps have the same problem?

Mike Brazil
Advanced user

Posted: 12/25/2010 21:58:14

Hi Vasiliy,

When I right-click on the Weather Pulse caption, I don't get the Actual Window Manager options in the context menu at all. Weather Pulse seems to have its own context menus.

I don't remember which other apps I've seen this happen with, but I'll start keeping track and let you know.

--
Mike

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/27/2010 00:50:46

Hello Mike,

Could you send me your configuration files (AWM -> Send Configuration -> Send to the Tech Support)?

Mike Brazil
Advanced user

Posted: 12/27/2010 21:24:13

Vasiliy Ivachev wrote:
Hello Mike,

Could you send me your configuration files (AWM -> Send Configuration -> Send to the Tech Support)?

Done.

--
Mike

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/27/2010 23:43:26

Hello Mike,

Please, uncheck the "Window caption" check box in Weather Pulse Specific settings on the "Target Window" tab and re-run Weather Pulse.

It would be nice if you tell me about your results.

Mike Brazil
Advanced user

Posted: 12/28/2010 03:40:12

Hi Vasiliy,

Not much difference. Both before and after I unchecked Window Caption and restarted WeatherPulse, button shift works sometimes but fails to work at other times. Also, the number of title buttons displayed varies fr om one time to the next when I restore WeatherPulse from the tray icon. I still don't get any of the AWM items in the right-click menu for the title bar. And minimization via the built-in minimize button is erratic in that it sometimes goes to a taskbar button and other times goes to the tray icon. Most of the AWM controls operate erratically with WeatherPulse, including monitor selection at startup, sizing, and positioning, and there are frequent delays before WeatherPulse reacts to commands with the AWM rule enabled.

Another app that I have a little trouble with, though nowhere near as much as with WeatherPulse, is COMODO Internet Security Premium. The main (and possibly only) problem I see with this one is that the title buttons appear intermittently. Sometimes they're there, and sometimes they're not. They disappear whenever the mouse cursor is over any of the built-in buttons (minimize, full screen/restore, and close) and usually, but not always, come back when the cursor is over the area of the title bar wh ere they should be displayed. This happens on all the windows I've seen this app display.

I'll continue to report back on this issue as I identify any other apps and/or symptoms.

--
Mike

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/12/2011 02:51:38

Hello Mike,

There are some problems with drawing these buttons in custom windows.
We know about this problem and we are trying to solve it.

Please, try to disable title buttons and use hot keys or quick settings.

Best regards.

Mike Brazil
Advanced user

Posted: 01/12/2011 18:05:58

Hi Vasiliy,

Ok, as long as I know you're aware of it and attempting to find a fix, I'll deal with it as best I can in the meantime.

Mike

--
Mike

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register