Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Adobe Reader Display issue! "Menubar goes missing" » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 40056

Michael Mason

Posted: 11/20/2010 14:32:52

I have just found a new bug in Actual Window Manager 6.3 and older versions.

When Actual Window Manager is running it causes display issues with Adobe Reader X and 9.

The “Menu Bar” disappears including the close X button in the top right corner. In fact the whole document gets messed up. So really its not just the menubar that gets messed up. Its the whole document.

To test open a PDF document with Adobe Reader X and keep clicking the "Restore Down" and Maximize" button next to the Red X top right corner.

Please have a look at the 2 screen shots that I attached in this e mail.

Screen shot 1 is how it should always And screen shot 2 is with the glitch.

Again if I disable Actual Window Manager this glitch does not happen.

User added an image

User added an image

I hope you can fix this.

And the strange thing is "Admuncher" also causes this glitch. I have contacted them also.

It took me a long time to figure out what was causing this display issue with Adobe Reader. Its been driving me nuts and I am glad at least I now know which programs was the cause.

I had too start up 1 program at a time and keep testing Adobe Reader until the display issue  appeared. And as it turns out Actual Window Manager and Admuncher are the cause.

Can you test and conform you get the same display issue.

Thanks
Michael

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 11/21/2010 23:01:03

Hello Michael Mason,

Thanks for the post!

The problem was confirmed.

We'll fix it.

Best regards.

Alexander Belyakov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 11/22/2010 03:06:34

Michael,

Could you please try to disable the protected mode in the Preferences dialog of Acrobar Reader (see the screenshot below) and check if the problem persists?

Michael Mason

Posted: 11/27/2010 10:02:17

Alexander Belyakov wrote:
Michael,

Could you please try to disable the protected mode in the Preferences dialog of Acrobar Reader (see the screenshot below) and check if the problem persists?

I Disabled "protected mode" but I still get the window issue.

Alexander Belyakov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 11/29/2010 02:02:59

Michael,

We could only repeat the issue with Acrobat Reader once.
Now the problem does not occur - independently of the Protected mode setting in Acrobat Reader. We've tried to reproduce it several times on both Windows 7 32 and Windows 7 64, and even after we have installed Admuncher, Acrobat Reader painted itself correctly.

What version of Windows do you have, and what other system software (like anti-viruse, firewall etc) is installed on your system?

Michael Mason

Posted: 11/29/2010 09:10:53

Alexander Belyakov wrote:
Michael,

We could only repeat the issue with Acrobat Reader once.
Now the problem does not occur - independently of the Protected mode setting in Acrobat Reader. We've tried to reproduce it several times on both Windows 7 32 and Windows 7 64, and even after we have installed Admuncher, Acrobat Reader painted itself correctly.

What version of Windows do you have, and what other system software (like anti-viruse, firewall etc) is installed on your system?

I am running Windows 7 64 bit and Avast Pro 5 and Windows built in firewall.

I will test this again and report back.

Michael Mason

Posted: 11/29/2010 09:41:35

I just tested again with "protected mode" disabled and I still get the window glitch when Actual Window Manager and or AdMuncher are running.

If I disable Actual Window Manager and AdMuncher the window glitch does not happen at all.

As soon as I run  Actual Window Manager and or AdMuncher the window glitch starts happening again.

Its strange because I have a lot of installed software on my computer and the only 2 programs that cause this bug is Actual Window Manager and AdMuncher.

I may just end up switching to "Foxit reader" because this window bug can get very annoying after a while.

I wonder what Actual Window Manager and AdMuncher have in commen that causes this bug?

Are you not seeing the same results as me?

Make sure you keep clicking the "Restore Down" and Maximize" button next to the Red X top right corner. It happens at random times so you need to click it a few times to see the bug.

Alexander Belyakov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 11/29/2010 10:44:04

Michael Mason wrote:
I just tested again with "protected mode" disabled and I still get the window glitch when Actual Window Manager and or AdMuncher are running.
If I disable Actual Window Manager and AdMuncher the window glitch does not happen at all.
As soon as I run  Actual Window Manager and or AdMuncher the window glitch starts happening again.

I see.

Michael Mason wrote:
I wonder what Actual Window Manager and AdMuncher have in commen that causes this bug?

Both Actual Window Manager and AdMuncher use so called Windows Hooks to add their functionality into other programs.

Michael Mason wrote:
Are you not seeing the same results as me?
Make sure you keep clicking the "Restore Down" and Maximize" button next to the Red X top right corner. It happens at random times so you need to click it a few times to see the bug.

We'll try to install Avast, and repeat our tests.

Evgeny Kugushev

Posted: 12/13/2010 02:12:17

Could you please try to disable the protected mode
Hello.
If protected mode is dissabled, all OK.
User added an image
If protected mode is enabled, Actual Windows Manager controls are not presented
User added an image
System Windows XP Pro x64 SP2 & Windows 7 Enterprise x64
Actual Windows Manager v6.3

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0