Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM rule settings not dependable for certain apps , Some settings not dependably applied to certain apps » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 6479

Michael Brazil
Advanced user

Posted: 11/05/2010 14:53:24

I'm using AWM 6.3 Beta 2 on Windows XP SP3. I have a couple of apps that AWM sometimes works right with but frequently fails to apply some of the settings in the rule. One good example is WeatherPulse (WeatherPulse 2.2 Build 4 by Tropic Designs http://www.tropicdesigns.net/).

The main problems I'm having are the lack of re-application of the monitor assignment, window size, and Title Button selection and Shift. These settings are sometimes applied and sometimes not, both when the app is run initially and when it is restored from the tray.

The button problem is particularly annoying in that buttons are displayed that are de-selected in the rule. This, in combination with the button-shift setting being ignored, result in two of the app's own buttons (full screen/restore and minimize) being covered up by the AWM buttons.

An additional related problem is that the AWM Window Menu doesn't work at all with this app, so I have no access to the menu to reapply the settings. I'm also going to post a feature request to add the equivalent of the AWM window menu as a context-menu (right click) item for each rule in both the Window Settings pane/tab and in the Specific Settings pane to improve access to the Reapply Settings command when the AWM Window Menu fails to work.

One final point: In general, AWM is not completely reliable as far as applying its rules every single time for most apps. For most of them, it works right most of the time, but not always. For some of them, it only works right some of the time, and for some others, it usually is only partially effective.

--
Mike

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 11/10/2010 02:58:05

Dear Michael,

Please send to us your AWM configuration files (via File->Send Configuration->Send to the Tech Support).

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register