Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM Incompatibility Issue » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 6772

Lance Nelson

Posted: 09/05/2010 10:50:26

I am a registered user of Actual Windows Minimizer on my Windows 7 Home Edition Premium, 64-bit system.  My problem is that I also use a program popular among professional photographers called FastPictureViewer (FPV).  See:

http://www.fastpictureviewer.com/

The issue is, if AWM is running, FPV will not launch. When I double click on the shortcut on the desktop, the little blue circle next to the cursor rotates for a bit then stops. The program does not appear.

Looking in the Task Manager "Processes" window, I find an instance of FastPictureViewer.exe running, using 3,116K of memory. If I double click on the shortcut again, the same experience repeats itself. I wind up with no visible instance of the program, but I have an addtional instance of FastPictureViewer.exe running in the Task Manager Processes window.

If I exit AWM, FPV launches nicely in an instant. If I exit Actual Windows Minimizer, launch FPV, then relaunch Actual Windows Minimizer, they seem to get along.

I'd appreciate suggestions.

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 09/07/2010 06:19:21

Dear Lance,

Did you create the specific settings using AWM for FPV window? Are you sure that it doesn't minimize to tray on startup?

What the version of AWM are you using?

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register