Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «"Restrict placement": bug or intended? » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5110

jeme

Posted: 08/15/2010 09:09:20

I was surprised to see that, with a general "restrict placement" in place, a maximized window still covers the entire screen including the restricted area. Is this intended? Initially, I was happy to see the function, because I thought I finally could hold my applications off covering some sidebar stuff such as the new Win7 applets, even if I maximize them.
But unfortunately the "restrict placement" does not solve this issue yet. Would it be possible to provide a corresponding check box with the "restrict placement" options such as "Also apply to Maximize function"?

Btw, in a multi-monitor environment, the "restrict placement" function seems to be applied to one monitor only, which moreover cannot be specified. I set up a restricted "ribbon" for the right part of the screen on my WinXP laptop, which has a second monitor on top of the laptop screen; the laptop screen is the primary monitor, and the "restrict placement" is applied to the secondary monitor only.

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/17/2010 23:04:30

Dear Jeme,

What values did you set for the restrict option?

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register