Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Switch to Virtual desktop AND reset windows » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4729

Jerome G

Posted: 08/11/2010 09:43:04

Hi there,

Apologies is this is the wrong place... I'm totally new to AWM, but I love it!
I'd love to be able to reset windows positions when I switch to a Virtual Desktop. Let me explain, I'm trying to setup a virtual desktop named 'email' where I'd like to see only one application which happens to be Outlook, when I switch to this virtual desktop, I'd like this single app position to be reset to its default state (configured in the 'Startup' tab of its specific window settings).
Is that possible or is it more of a feature request?
Thanks in advance!

Cheers  /jerome

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/12/2010 03:22:21

Dear Jerome,

To reapply Specific settings for a window you can press Win+F5. Linking the action with the switching VDs is impossible now.

Could you describe your situation with more details? Why do you need to re-posit the window?

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

Jerome G

Posted: 08/12/2010 05:15:42

Thanks Tatiana,

Maybe my need could be fulfilled in another way.
What I'd like to achieve (using VD or not) would be to reset the layout, after having worked for a few hours, my desktop (using 2 monitors) is sometimes a mess, and with a single keypress, I'd love to reset my windoww layout to go back to some activities like :
 - Email : minimize all windows, open Outlook and reposition it on my monitor #2, centered on the screen
 - Dev : minimize all windows, open Eclipse or Visual Studio on monitor #2 and Chrome maximized on monitor #1

These are just examples of what I'd like to achieve in the easiest and most elegant way!
Hope that helps.

Cheers  /jerome

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register