Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Remembering Windows Positions » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5333

John Doe

Posted: 08/05/2010 04:38:25

In Windows 7 it doesn't remember the positions for windows when they were closed so they don't reopen in that position, instead it just seems to remember the position for explorer.exe regardless of what directory was open.

I was hoping Actual Tools could get explorer windows to open in the position they were in when closed but I can't seen to set it up.

If it's possible any help with this please?

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/10/2010 01:32:55

Dear John,

Did you try the option for the windows?

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

John Doe

Posted: 08/20/2010 15:11:51

Thanks for the reply.

Are you referring to the option where you can set the X-Y coordinates for the window? Because that obviously wouldn't help (and would be a major pain to set this for every single folder though that's moot anyway). Because I don't want them to start in a predefined position, I want them to open in the position they were when closed.

For example, I want my music folder located in D:\Music to always reopen in the position it was when closed, and my E:\Movies folder to do the same, each reopening in their respective places and not in the last position explorer.exe was in.

There's something called WindowManger by DeskSoft that does this, but frankly I'm not prepared to pay that much (works out as alot in my currency) for 1 simple feature that Windows suddenly doesn't have anymore. Not to mention actually paying would be a pain since I don't have access to something like paypal for international transactions.

If I'm misunderstanding you it would be great to know how Actual Tools  can do this because it might be worth it since it doesn't have just this 1 feature.

Thanks.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register