Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Starcraft II AWM bug , Window sizing bug with Starcraft II » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5491

Brett Bazaar

Posted: 08/03/2010 14:52:29

I am trying to get Starcraft 2 to play full screen with no title or frame, but not cover up the start bar.  I currently have World of Warcraft set up this way and it works great.  When i try to set it up fort SC2 the window width shrinks to what appears to be a 4x3 aspect ratio.  I have narrowed the problem down to "Remove Stand Window Parts/Borders and Titles"

Whenever I check that block and save the width of the window shrinks.  When I uncheck it and save it goes back to normal.  I even tried to set up the size by percentages and pixles.  It starts at the right size and then shrinks the width.

If someone would find a solution to this I would buy this program in a heartbeat.

The goal is to play SC2 in windowed mode, with no borders, filling the screen, and not let it cover the start bar...or be under the start bar.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/05/2010 05:46:47

Brett,

Thank you for your post. We are investigating the issue. Could you send us your AWN Configuration files (via File->Send Configuration->Send to the Tech Support)?

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/06/2010 02:51:09

Thank you, Brett!

To resize the window to full work area of a monitor - set following options on the Size tab:
  • At startup to Height 100% of desktop (without checked Width)
  • Fix minimal size to Width 100% of current monitor (without checked Height)

I'd recommend you to uncheck the Open as Maximized option on Startup.

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

Brett Bazaar

Posted: 08/06/2010 09:09:11

Visually that is perfect, but my mouse coordinates are off what appears to be the same thickness as my start bar.

When I hover over the start bar the mouse is in the right place.  It is only when i hover over the game that the mouse is off.

**EDIT**
PROBLEM SOLVED

I took a screenshot of the desktop and used Fireworks CS3 to determine the height of the startbar, then I went into

Documents/Starcraft II/Variables.txt

and changed the height to 1022 (1050 - startbar height)

and  PRESTO!!!

Thanks for all of your help, I will definitely be buying this software!

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register