Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Moving all windows to screen turned on? » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4181

Marc Schauber

Posted: 07/30/2010 22:23:08

AWM 6.1 / Win7 Pro x64 / 2 x 24" displays

I may have missed this in a configuration or doc file someplace, but I was wondering how to have all open windows automatically move to a monitor that is powered on if one monitor is turned off?

And hopefully, the windows that were on the display that was turned off, move back if/when that display is turned back on.

Thanks for the help,
Marc

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/03/2010 05:08:26

Dear Marc,

If you disable second monitor and the option enabled, all windows from the monitor will be moved to primary.

Unfortunately, the back moving is impossible.

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

Marc Schauber

Posted: 08/05/2010 12:46:17

Tatiana Jack wrote:
Dear Marc,

If you disable second monitor and the option enabled, all windows fr om the monitor will be moved to primary.

Unfortunately, the back moving is impossible.

So there is no way to have windows automatically moved to a monitor that is powered on if the other monitor is turned off?

If that is the case, can I please put in a feature request for that.  I used ultramon for years and it would do that, it would even move them back if/when you turned the power back on the other monitor.  I also tried display fusion before moving to Actual Windows Manager.  My primary reason for moving was the task bar duplication which I find invaluable.  But I'm finding that I'm opening up applications and documents that are already opened, but were on a monitor that is now turned off and it's getting to be a big pain.

If having open windows move to a monitor that is powered on if the one they are on is turned off (and move back) is too hard to implement, how about a task bar item that opens when you power off a monitor with a drop down/up list of open windows on the 2nd (3rd, 4th, etc) monitor and when you select a specific open window, it moves it to the monitor you're currently working on?

I've also run into a situation wh ere I needed to use a monitor for something else and had to disconnect it.  Not realizing I wouldn't have access to those windows, I went nuts for 30 minutes trying to figure out what was going on and why I couldn't open and edit the documents I was working on.

Thanks,
Marc

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register