Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] Actual Window Manager menus are black on black , When the cursor is over any menu item (tray icon or in program) » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 7666

Michael Brazil
Advanced user

Posted: 07/19/2010 19:15:07

I'm trying out Actual Window Manager for the first time. I installed ver. 6.1, and all of the menu items in both the tray icon menus and the menus in the configuration window (except the ones that are grayed out) turn to a black background with black text whenever the mouse cursor is over them (this menu-highlighting behavior is also the same when I use the keyboard to navigate the menus). For example, if I click the File menu and move the mouse cursor down so it is over Send Configuration, the entire Send Configuration row in the File menu turns solid black except for the arrowhead at the right edge, which is red. If I then move the cursor to the right so it is over Send to a Friend, then the Send to a Friend row in the sub-menu turns black except for the icon at the left end, which appears normal. Menu items that are grayed out just get a thin black border around their row when the mouse cursor is over them. The menu rows return to normal appearance when the cursor is moved off them.

This is only happening in the Actual Window Manager menus. All other apps I'm running exhibit normal menu behavior whether Actual Window Manager is loaded or not.

--
Mike

Alexander Belyakov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 07/20/2010 02:02:34

Michael,

This most likely is caused by some incompatibility with your desktop theme.
What theme is set in your system?
What version of Windows do you have?

Michael Brazil
Advanced user

Posted: 07/25/2010 22:08:37

I'm running XP Pro SP3 with subsequent updates. My theme is a modified version of the Windows Classic theme. The only thing set to black (except for text) was the desktop background (I'm using wallpaper, so the desktop color setting has no effect). I changed it to a different color, but it had no effect on AWM.

--
Mike

Alexander Belyakov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 07/26/2010 01:03:21

Michael,

Please save your current theme to a file (using "Save as" button in the Display properties dialog) and send it to support@actualtools.com

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 07/28/2010 22:33:20

Dear Michael,

The problem was fixed. In version 6.2 you will be able to see these changes.

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/05/2010 02:41:57

Dear Michael,

You are welcome to test the problem in Actual Window Manager 6.2

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

Michael Brazil
Advanced user

Posted: 08/05/2010 15:21:06

Tatiana Jack wrote:
Dear Michael,

You are welcome to test the problem in Actual Window Manager 6.2

As you said, it is fixed in ver. 6.2. Thank you!

--
Mike

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register