Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Doesn't work at all with TradeStation » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 8578

Benjamin Lai

Posted: 07/19/2010 13:26:25

I am trying out Actual Windows Manager, and mainly want to use it on TradeStation windows. However, none of the windows from that program work with AWM 6.1 at all.

I believe you need an account before you can download and install the program, so I understand it will be difficult for you to test it. I will try to provide as much information as possible.

When AWM is running, I get the icons running on normal windows, such as Explorer or Calculator, right click brings up a submenu with AWM, and middle click on the title bar brings up a Quick Settings. However, when I run TradeStation, there's no title bar buttons, no AWM submenu with right click, and none of the AWM settings work on the window.

I uncheck the exclusion lists and tried adding the window to Specific settings, and when I sel ect the window (fr om "Select Window" or drag the crosshair), I get
Window Class: ORPLAT.EXE TRADESTATION
Program: \ORPlat.exe

I uncheck all items in the exclusive list, and check the support for command prompt and console windows. None of it allow me to use AWM functions on those windows.

Can you suggest anything that I can try to make AWM works with TradeStation? It is the major reason I need a windows manager!

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 07/21/2010 04:07:42

Dear Benjamin,

Please, do following steps:

1. Enable AWM log (right-click on AWM tray icon and choose Logging -> Enable logging)
2. launch TradeStation
3. Send to us your AWM configuration files (via File->Send Configuration->Send to the Tech Support). Please, make sure that the archive contains the EventLog.ini file.

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register