Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Many bugs to fix , I will buy when they are working » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 6421

Ben Sumner

Posted: 06/23/2010 15:49:25

I just sent this via an email, but figure I may get some support here as well.

Here's the quote:

So first off I really love your software, but I do have some issues that I need to have fixed before I would purchase it.

I installed the 60-day evaluation of Actual window manager on two different computers, a Windows XP x64 machine, and a Windows 7 Ultimate x64 machine. Both have had the same issues.

If I choose "Maximize to desktop" the window disappears. If I right click the taskbar icon for the window and choose move, I can manually move it back to the viewable area, and it seems to have the correct size. But for some reason it seems to be placing it one full monitor hight off of my screen.

In windows 7, when I enable pin to taskbar on the secondary taskbar, the icon for the pinned program will change based on the icon currently on the window. A good way to reproduce this (since my explanation probably sucks) is to pin a windows explorer window to the secondary taskbar. Now if you open the control panel, the icon will change to the control panel icon, and it will wtay that way once the program is closed. This can make it hard to identify some pinned programs.

It would be nice to have more control over the placement of the title bar buttons. Some nonstandard applications would look best if you could shift the buttons 1 1/2 of a position rather than only full button widths. Also the ability to per application control a pixel height offset for the buttons would be fantastic, especially for custom skins.

I also noticed that the multi monitor screen saver setup sometimes will not list all the screensavers installed on the system, and sometimes lists some that aren't installed at all (starfield on windows 7? cool but odd.)

Also it seems that the transparency effects may not be using the GPU accelerated features of windows 7. This is just a guess based on performance, and I don't know if it could work the way I think it could.

Anyways, the big ones are the maximize to desktop, titlebar button placement, and the pin to taskbar icon issues. If these get fixed I will purchase the software.

I am also wondering how licensing works? It seems to be that one key can be used more than once, which is what I hope as I have 3 computers I would need to run this on.

Thanks for any info you can give me
-WACOMalt

Moogul TheSly

Posted: 06/24/2010 09:04:01

Hi!

I also want to report the same issue with the icons of the programs pinned to the secondary taskbar. I've mentioned the behavior in a post from a month ago, but apparently the current behavior is exactly like that (and like the one described by the preceding author of this post), it hasn't changed.

Thanks

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 06/28/2010 04:27:27

We will try to fix the Pin issue and improve the Maximize-to-Desktop in the upcoming release version of AMM.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register