Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «monitor placement/number is wrong » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4746

Scolex

Posted: 06/07/2010 01:21:17

I recently had to send a monitor off for repair and now that I have it hooked up again the monitor placement is the opposite of what it should be.
I did a uninstall/reboot/install and it didn't fix it.
Also searched the registry but could not find a setting to change, not exactly sure what to look for though.
Windows 7 home premium x64
AWM 6.1
Any ideas?

User added an image

Scolex

Posted: 06/17/2010 03:18:46

I don't know what the specific problem was but I do know it was not isolated to AWM. A day or 2 later I installed Stardock's Object Dock Plus v2 and it suffered from a similar problem.
What I did to remedy the problem was:

1. Uninstall secondary monitor and video card drivers in device manager
  2. shutdown
  3. disconnect secondary monitor
  4. turn comp back on install VC drivers
  5. restart
  6. shut down
  7. connect secondary monitor
  8. start and check (shown correctly)

This is just a guess but I assume that in win7 the monitor designation is in a new place and the prog' is looking in the wrong place or at the wrong info. I would have thought that just switching the cables would have solved this but it didn't, this tells me that the prog' or win is reading/writing something that is hardware specific similar to a mac address for a NIC.

chgoguy7
Advanced user

Posted: 07/13/2010 13:30:36

I am experiencing this same issue. Do Actual Tools technical leads have any insight or feedback on this issue and its resolution? Since this directly impacts some basic functions of AWM, it is important that the monitors are identified correctly.

Jim Fraley

Posted: 09/09/2010 15:50:56

I have experienced the same issue when setting up the background image options.  For that, I just swapped the locations so the wallpaper appeared on the correct monitor.  For other setting, this may be a bigger issue.

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 09/10/2010 04:14:11

We are working to solve the problem.

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search