Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Windows 7 Gadgets & AWM Virtual Desktops problem , can't control Win7 gadgets properties » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 6151

Moogul TheSly

Posted: 05/14/2010 03:58:27

Hello!

I'm having a problem with Win7 gadgets. I'm using Virtual Desktops, and I have some windows (programs) that I want to see on all my virtual desktops. For this, I use the "windows settings" - add new window rule, and for the specific target window I sel ect "Move to virtual desktop - All desktops" at the window's startup.
Everything fine up until now.

My problem is that I want to do the same with the Clock that we have in Win7! And I can't do that, it won't work. Since it's a gadget and not a regular window, this might be a problem. May I ask you to look into this?

What I see here is that the clock seems to have two "hidden" overlapping windows, one with the class "SideBar_HTMLHostWindow" attached to sidebar.exe
and another one that you can only see when selecting fr om list, with no class but which is a little larger in width than the first one, as if it would be a "container" (I see that when "flashing" it), also attached to sidebar.exe

None of them have any displayed title, none of them has any taskbar icon associated, none of them has any tray icon, none of them supports right-click context menu (it's probably overridden or smth) or have any title buttons, so this makes it worse...

I really need this to work, please tell me there's a solution... Thanks!

Alexander Belyakov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 05/17/2010 00:12:53

Hello,

The Sidebar Widgets were intentionally excluded from the processing, and no Window Rules can be created for any of them. This was made because of too many incompatibilities between the widgets and our software's actions.

The Virtual Desktops feature has its own special list of windows that are automatically moved to All Desktops. Unfortunately, there's currently no way to manually include any new window to this list. We are thinking about making this list configurable in one of the future versions of our products.

What we can do right now is to include the Sidebar Widgets' window classes to the list, so they will automatically be move to All Desktops. But in this case not only the Clock would be moved, all the widgets would - just because there's no way to distinguish between different widgets.

Moogul TheSly

Posted: 05/17/2010 01:22:23

Hello!
Thanks for the reply.

Actually, I don't mind if all my gadgets stay on all desktops. Could you enable this (or maybe add an option) in your next version?

Thanks a lot
Cheers

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 05/18/2010 01:17:19

Hello,

Yes, we'll include it to our next release.

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

Moogul TheSly

Posted: 05/20/2010 06:05:32

Thanks, it's great to hear that!

May I ask, when are you planning to have the next (beta) release? I promise to keep sharing my thoughts and discovered problems/bugs!

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register