[ANN] Actual Window Manager 5.0 beta 2 is available!
Dear John Smith,
I'm glad to inform you that our Beta-Testing section is updated: we have released Actual Window Manager 5.0 beta 2.
The second beta version of the upcoming major update of Actual Tools products introduces some minor changes and bugfixes, because its main purpose is to prolonge the testing of command prompt windows support presented in beta 1. We need to know if this great feature is stable enough on a wide variety of systems so I'd like to call everyone: please share with us your experience of applying Actual Window Manager features to console (a.k.a. DOS/CMD/command prompt) windows! Mail us your thoughts, ideas and suggestions relating to this subject to firstname.lastname@example.org or post them at our Beta-Testing forum section. Thank you very much!
Here is the short list of updates:
- some minor improvements
- the "Manage Window Settings" menu is renamed and slightly redesigned
- now it's possible to use almost any key when specifying a hotkey combination
- the overall stability of "Send Configuration" commands is improved
- some minor bugfixes
- the bug caused sometimes the "green-filled" desktop appearance in Vista Aero is fixed
- the incompatibility of the "Send Configuration -> Send to the Tech Support" command and Microsoft Outlook is fixed
- the incompatibility of using "Resize at startup"/"Align at startup" actions together with the "Open as: minimized/maximized" action is fixed: now both specified position and size are correctly set before the target window becomes minimized
- now extra buttons are correctly displayed in the Remote Desktop Client main window when it is launched in full-screen mode and then switched to a window mode
Note Also I would like to remind that due to our beta-testing policy our beta versions have an expiration date after which they can't be used. Also, due to their nature, beta versions can't be registered, even with a valid registration data: they are not final products but betas! So when the beta version expires you should either roll back to the last stable release, update your beta to a new one (if available), or upgrade to a new stable release (if available).
The beta 2 of Actual Window Manager 5.0 will expire November 15, 2007.
So we invite you to visit our Beta-Testing section and check this extremely helpful feature of new beta on your own. Please post your bug reports and new feature suggestions to our Beta-Testing forum, all your posts will be necessarily answered and considered. Many thanks in advance for your help!
Handy Tools for Windows! Make your day-to-day Windows activities easier and more productive!