Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «How to duplicate full taskbar on both monitors? , Same as title » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 19217

Martin Bush

Posted: 08/08/2020 03:10:48

I'm using the 64-bit trial version of Actual Multiple Monitors, v8.14.3.0 under 64-bit Windows 10 Pro 1909. I love that it will duplicate the system tray on both of my monitors, which is a rare feature. But I will only buy it if I can find a way to duplicate the entire task bar on both.

It seems likely that such a powerful tool can do this, but I can't figure out how. Does anyone know?

Thanks!

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 08/09/2020 00:05:13

Martin,

Thank you for your question.

If I understand you right then you should select the Mirror option in the Mode group.

You can also switch the Actual Taskbar's mode (as well as many other related options) in the context menu.

Martin Bush

Posted: 08/10/2020 09:21:59

Thank you, Alex! Those settings were necessary but insufficient. To get what I wanted, I also had to go into PC Settings -> Personalization -> Taskbar ->

Multiple displays: ON
   Show taskbar buttons on: All taskbars

Wait. That's not right either. Let me work on it some more...

Martin Bush

Posted: 08/10/2020 10:20:55

Well, I can't seem to get what I want, which is a completely mirrored / duplicated taskbar, which must include the system tray icons AND the regular tray icons. So on my system I want to see the attached image duplicated at the bottom of BOTH monitors.

But try as I might, I can't get both the system tray and the tray icons on both displays. If I used AMM alone, I can get either the system tray -OR- the regular taskbar on the second monitor, but not both. If I do it this way, it seems that AMM turns off the PC Settings ... Taskbar. If I then go into PC Settings as described just above and enable those settings, I can then get the regular taskbar duplicated on both, but the second monitor will not show the system tray.

I'm stumped. I would have imagined that the designer(s) would anticipate that a lot of people would like that setup, so I'm still guessing that there's a way. I purchased a license to see if that made any difference, but it did not.

What should I try next, please?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/11/2020 20:09:25

Helo, Martin

I don't really understand what part of the system taskbar on the secondary monitor you need that is not available on the AMM taskbar.

a completely mirrored / duplicated taskbar, which must include the system tray icons AND the regular tray icons
What do you mean by "system tray icons" and "regular tray icons"? Do you refer to the icons like volume and network as "system" icons and to the application icons as "regular"?

Both "volume etc. icons" and application icons should be duplicated on the AMM taskbar once you check the "Show the notification area" in the context menu of the taskbar (right click on the free area of the taskbar > Taskbar Parts > Show the notification area).

If the option is enabled and the AMM notification area looks different than the system taskbar's then send us a screenshot depicting the differences between them.

Or do you mean you want the pinned taskbar icons to be automatically duplicated to the AMM taskbar?

Best regards.

Attila Lendvai Lendvai

Posted: 02/02/2021 08:48:15

@Alex Fadeyev @Bogdan Polishchuk I believe I know what @Martin Bush is looking for, because I am looking for the same functionality...

I use my Taskbar as a "DOCK" as well as a taskbar, meaning icons are pinned to it even when their associated app is not running.  I RARELY if ever us the Start menu.  I simply click the icon of the dozen-or-so programs I use on a regular basis on the taskbar/dock.  However, the "mirror" option in AMM does NOT mirror my pinned icons on the second taskbar, only actively running programs, whereas vanilla Windows 10 DOES mirror pinned taskbar icons on the second monitor, meaning AMM is reducing a critical functionality of vanilla Windows 10 (taskbar as app dock).  The point of desiring this functionality is so that when I am running a program in full-screen mode, I can quickly switch apps, launch apps, etc. from the taskbar on the second monitor while avoiding the Start menu altogether. Now, I know I could go and MANUALLY PIN all my icons to the second taskbar, but if ever I move things around, add or delete, or who knows what else, I will have to manually make changes to both taskbars manually.  This is bad workflow.  

Also, there are a number of icons I have on the desktop which I would also like to be mirrored on the second monitor.  Both features seem like no-brainer functions if you ask me. It should be as simple as "mirror primary monitor desktop & taskbar/UI on secondary monitor"...mirror means MIRROR...for AMM "mirror" means something else.  What is baffling to me (and clearly to Mr. Martin Bush) is that your software actually seems to reduce a key functionality of vanilla Windows taskbar (as described).

Uninstalling.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/02/2021 14:56:49

Hello, Attila

Thank you for contacting us.

It seems that you're right about what Martin Bush was talking about, and this was my assumption as well in my previous message. What made me want to make sure was that Martin apparently referred to pinned icons as "regular tray icons".

However, the "mirror" option in AMM does NOT mirror my pinned icons on the second taskbar, only actively running programs
Also, there are a number of icons I have on the desktop which I would also like to be mirrored on the second monitor.
We'll consider these as feature requests and will post here if the features are implemented.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register