Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Monitor layout forgotten when Disable All Secondary Monitors used » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 9142

Kevin Reilly

Posted: 05/17/2019 13:57:48

I run two monitors stacked vertically, with the layout set with Monitor 1 at the bottom and Monitor 2 at the top so that the mouse cursor moves up and down between them. In AMM 8.14, if I use Disable All Secondary Monitors followed by Enable All Secondary Monitors, the layout information defaults to the monitors being side-by-side until I manually reset it.

I'd not been able to use the Disable All Secondary Monitors option at all for a few months because of known incompatibilities with the latest Windows 10 builds, so this problem may have been around for some time and I just wasn't seeing it.

It's not an end-of-the-world problem, and AMM is still a great utility; I just renewed for another year and it's worth every penny. It's just annoying that a very useful feature that was broken for so long is now back but has brought another minor bug with it. I guess Windows is a constantly moving target these days.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/18/2019 03:40:23

Hello, Kevin

First of all, thank you for appreciation of our work.

if I use Disable All Secondary Monitors followed by Enable All Secondary Monitors, the layout information defaults to the monitors being side-by-side until I manually reset it.
It seems like it's how Windows works now - you should see the same behavior when disabling the monitors in the standard Windows display settings, even without our products started. We'll look into this.

For now I can advise you to use the Desktop Profiles feature as workaround (AMM configuration module > Multiple Monitors > Desktop Profiles). You can create one desktop profile with the layout you use and other with the second monitor disabled. You can switch between them via the tray icon context menu or you can assign the hotkeys for each profile in the profile settings and switch between them using the hotkeys.

Best regards.

Kevin Reilly

Posted: 06/05/2019 04:10:23

It seems like it's how Windows works now - you should see the same behavior when disabling the monitors in the standard Windows display settings, even without our products started. We'll look into this.

For now I can advise you to use the Desktop Profiles feature as workaround (AMM configuration module > Multiple Monitors > Desktop Profiles).

Thanks. That's what I've done as a workaround. It's actually more powerful, and is probably something I should have looked at a while ago.

(Sorry for the late response; for some reason I wasn't subscribed to this thread and so I missed the reply).

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register