Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AMM 8.11 - W10 - 64bit - Drag the Mouse to Scroll Issue , Scroll not working (Hand Tool) » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 14356

T Landress

Posted: 07/25/2017 23:43:38

Hello All,
I am needing help with getting Drag the Mouse to Scroll setting. It was working before with no problems, but after a recent windows update it stopped working all of a sudden. I tried several things to remedy the issue.

I first restored to a point before the update. That didn't help.
I then uninstalled AMM and reinstalled it after a restart...Didn't work.
I then reset AMM and rebuilt the Specific Settings...that didn't work.
I use a Logitech MX Master mouse so i went in and uninstalled the Logitech Options Software and the Unifying receiver software. After uninstalling I checked to see if it would work and it would not.
I then installed then Logitech software back and that didn't work.
I also tried uninstalling AMM, uninstalling the mouse from Device Manager, uninstalling Logitech software, and then reinstalling just AMM, and that didn't fix it. At this point I have run out of ideas to fix the issue. This has happened before and fixed itself with no reason for how or why it wouldn't work. Is there something I am missing? Any help is much appreciated.

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 07/26/2017 13:16:34

Please specify the exact version of your Windows (press Win-R, type winver and press Enter).

T Landress

Posted: 07/27/2017 21:54:21

Sorry,
Windows Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.483)

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/31/2017 21:08:06

Hello, T Landress

Could you install the latest version 8.11.1 and see whether the problem persists in this version?

What programs have you noticed the problem with (name, version)?

Are you running some other mouse-associated software or third-party system enhancement software?

Could you send us your configuration using the Send to Tech Support tool (Configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support). Please add a link to this topic to the email.

Best regards.

T Landress

Posted: 08/02/2017 23:08:37

I installed the latest version with no change in behavior. Only change i made was the windows update, but I rolled that back and it still didn't fix the issue. Worked like a charm before with my current setup.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/04/2017 20:22:19

Hello, T Landress

I was unable to reproduce the problem as you describe it. I can see some problems with the Drag the Mouse to Scroll windows feature, but it works for me.

Are you running some other mouse-associated software or third-party system enhancement software?

T Landress

Posted: 08/05/2017 02:48:35

...So I played around with it and found that when I assign Drag to Scroll to the right mouse button it won't work unless I press the left mouse button at the same time.

Previously I used a lctrl and right click to Drag to Scroll, but after the latest windows update it wouldn't work with just the right mouse button. If I assign it to lctrl+left mouse button it works, and it even works if I assign it to lctrl+middle mouse button. But if I assign it to lctrl+right button it will only work if I hold down the left mouse button at the same time. Not really sure why right click isn't working on its own, but I will work around it for now. I am only using Logitech Options, but I uninstalled and reinstalled and it still behaved the same. Tried uninstalling mouse driver along with it and still the same problem. Something funky, but I was able to work around it. Let me know if you can figure out why it is behaving like this.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/07/2017 19:13:00

Hello, T Landress

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register