New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 14 of 14
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Next beta release , Is there going to be another beta release soon » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 17055

Mike Brazil
Advanced user

Posted: 05/15/2011 10:25:44

Maybe a better solution for everyone involved would be for the developers to build in a way to extend the beta cutoff date when the next beta isn't ready on time. I've participated in a lot of beta tests over the last 20 years, and while beta testers aren't paying for the beta software and shouldn't expect anything near perfection, they are providing the developers a valuable service. To have a beta stop functioning simply because a deadline is missed isn't a good thing and should be avoided if at all possible to keep testers from dropping out.

--
Mike

Gerard Booth
Advanced user

Posted: 05/15/2011 11:50:45

All fair and reasonable comments Mike.

Esmond Poynton

Posted: 05/16/2011 06:05:16

Or a simple recompile of the existing beta with new date. This saves rushing new beta and introducing new bugs. Looking forward to next beta as some bugs from last stable are fixed in beta that I need on daily basis so going back to stable is not great option for me.

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 05/16/2011 12:45:44

Gentlemen,

I personally apologize for a delay with releasing the beta 3. It has plenty of new features which we were trying to prepare in time so they could be included in this beta and tested well before releasing the final version.

Unfortunately, we lacked just a single day to prepare the beta 3 and missed the expiration date of the previous beta.

I hope for your understanding and believe that the amount of new features and improvements will excuse the delay.

Beg your pardon for any inconveniences caused.

Messages 11 - 14 of 14
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register