New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 20 of 24
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

Topic: «[CONFIRMED, FIXED] Snap not working for DOpus and Thunderbird , Snapping problem » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 47362

M Vladmir

Posted: 06/18/2020 13:40:08

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Also, forgot to mention: for me, Snap itself works in Thunderbird, DO and UWP apps. It's just the Group Size action that doesn't work. Are you sure snap didn't work in these apps?

Doing a more careful testing I also confirm snapping to be working properly in the above mentioned situations. Indeed only the Group move/size is problematic and only if the driver (active) window is one of the problematic apps.
As a side note, doing this I remembered something that I`ve read in another post about having a gap between those problematic apps that could cause this? So using your fine mirror function with zoom activated and selecting another window (to get rid of that border that windows adds to the selected windows) I could clearly see that gap between windows (only the problematic apps have the gap).

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Please see the last section of our FAQ and see whether the described solution solves the problem. Let us know the results.

The solution for Adobe Acrobat DC proposed in that post works as expected.

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Please check whether the "Move to Monitor" action at window's startup is enabled in the Default Settings (AWM configuration module > Window Settings > Default Settings > Startup > Move to Monitor). Disable it and see whether the problem still persists.

This change fixed the issue I was having. Thank you!

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
As for the Virtual Desktops - simultaneous use of AWM virtual desktops and Windows native virtual desktops is not recommended as the current implementation doesn't provide the reliable interaction between virtual desktops of AWM and Windows. Do you need to use both of them at the same time?

I was expected to have problems by mixing the two, but after trying a few alternatives to the Windows 10 Virtual Desktops and realising that other apps that I use offer only partial support AT BEST for those third party (Virtual Desktop) apps, I have decided a while back that the best course of action is to make do with what Microsoft is willing to provide.
I liked the fact that your implementation was offering per display Virtual Desktop and that the switching did not interfere with the other displays. So I said to myself: let`s give it a try.
I did not do any extensive tests, but I suspect that I would run into the same compatibility issues with your app as I did with others so relying solely on it is probably a no go. If I get some down time with my system so I could do some more tests, I will dig deeper into this.

I guess this is it for now. Thank you again for taking the time to answer my posts

M Vladmir

Posted: 06/25/2020 11:43:23

I think I have found a new issue:

Vlc 3.0.11 is not snapping to Tile Layouts or to other windows, also is not participating (in any way, meaning not even if another window is the "driver", the active window) to group moving and resizing. It does snap to the screen edges and other windows can snap to to it.
Also, I don`t know if it is by design, but it does not have the title bar buttons.

I also feel that I should mention that after using the app for 2 weeks I am already impressed with the functionality provided. Also I think that the developers deserves recognition for managing to provide such a stable product that is relative bug free. I am sure it is no easy task in the complex desktop enviroment that we are having today.
So thank you developers for your fine work!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/01/2020 05:56:09

M Vladimir,

Thank you for appreciation of our work.

For me all described features of AWM work in the VLC window and the window has AWM extra title buttons. It seems like the window is just not affected by AWM. If Default Settings of AWM is enabled (AWM configuration module > Window Settings > Default Settings) or if you created specific settings for VLC and specified the Target Window parameters correctly, but the window is still not affected, then this may happen if you start VLC with elevated rights (as administrator). If you start VLC this way, then reinstall AWM and enable the "Support the system utilities and Administrative tools" option during the installation. See if it helps and let us know the result.

Best regards.

M Vladmir

Posted: 08/10/2020 12:49:21

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
For me all described features of AWM work in the VLC window and the window has AWM extra title buttons. It seems like the window is just not affected by AWM. If Default Settings of AWM is enabled (AWM configuration module > Window Settings > Default Settings) or if you created specific settings for VLC and specified the Target Window parameters correctly, but the window is still not affected, then this may happen if you start VLC with elevated rights (as administrator). If you start VLC this way, then reinstall AWM and enable the "Support the system utilities and Administrative tools" option during the installation. See if it helps and let us know the result.

First of all I am happy to say that I return as a paying customer. Secondly I want to apologise for taking so long to reply. I did try the suggested fix and it is not working... for custom skins anyway. It turned out that with the default skin everything is ok.
The funny thing is that I only got the idea of checking if it is a skin related problem while writing this post  :D
Thank you for all the support that has been provided, from the beginning!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/12/2020 01:16:30

M Vladimir,

Thank you for this information. I was able to confirm the problems with VLC when a custom skin is used. They are due to peculiarity of the VLC window with a custom skin. We'll try to fix the problem and post here if it's fixed.

Using the "Add border and title bar" option partially fixes the problem, but then you have additional window parts which kinda goes against the purpose of custom skins. You can enable it here: AWM configuration module > Window Settings > Specific Settings > specific settings for VLC player > Startup > Change Standard Window Parts > Border and title bar > add.
Please note that custom skin VLC window has different window parameters and you may need to create separate specific settings for it.

Best regards.

M Vladmir

Posted: 08/12/2020 20:14:12

Thank you! I will try that, just to see how it works.

M Vladmir

Posted: 10/26/2020 00:08:43

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Using the "Add border and title bar" option partially fixes the problem, but then you have additional window parts which kinda goes against the purpose of custom skins. You can enable it here: AWM configuration module > Window Settings > Specific Settings > specific settings for VLC player > Startup > Change Standard Window Parts > Border and title bar > add.
Please note that custom skin VLC window has different window parameters and you may need to create separate specific settings for it.

Sorry for taking so long to answer. I did try this fix. It adds the default title bar on top of the custom skin, making it look weird and apart from that, it`s cutting off the bottom part of the skin (half of the buttons). So I decided to go with the default Vlc skin.

M Vladmir

Posted: 10/26/2020 00:18:55

After the last update, I`ve noticed that Directory Opus windows are getting ignored by Desktop Divider (they do not work with the keyboard shortcut and you do not get the option when you invoke the contextual menu). Also, group snapping is still a problem, unless you have another app being the active window (like I have mentioned a while back, in this thread).

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/26/2020 13:20:43

Hello, M Vladimir

I`ve noticed that Directory Opus windows are getting ignored by Desktop Divider
This has been confirmed and it seems to be a part of the other problem, where our software doesn't interact with Directory Opus correctly if DO was started after our software. If you start DO first there should be no such problems. Could you please confirm this?

Also, group snapping is still a problem, unless you have another app being the active window
Unfortunately, this problem hasn't been fixed yet and wasn't not supposed to be fixed in this update.

Best regards.

M Vladmir

Posted: 10/27/2020 13:36:24

This has been confirmed and it seems to be a part of the other problem, where our software doesn't interact with Directory Opus correctly if DO was started after our software. If you start DO first there should be no such problems. Could you please confirm this?
Sadly, does not seem to work. If I exit AWM, the existing DO windows (and indeed ones created after that) not only that do not gain Desktop Divider ability, but they loose the AWM title bar buttons. This happens if I do a simple exit (from contextual rmb menu of the systray icon) and it happens even if I kill the remaining service from task manager.

Messages 11 - 20 of 24
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register