New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 15 of 15
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Delay when switching between multiple virtual desktops , Delay when switching between multiple virtual desktops » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 8740

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/25/2016 15:28:07

Morgan,

But which solution is more acceptable for you? Do you want the commands not to be ignored and to be performed later right after the previous switching is completed OR do you want to be informed each time the command is ignored (i guess this is what you meant by the user feedback)?

I know you wrote about it before, but just to make sure, could you check whether the problem persist when the 4K display is not attached and the virtual desktops wallpaper settings is Current Windows background. Maybe you can temporarily replace the 4K display with a lower resolution display (for example 1080p), so that keep the multi monitor layout.

Morgan S

Posted: 04/26/2016 01:38:29

Ideally, both solutions together would be best.  (in my opinion)

ex:

if new desktop commanded while loading another desktop.
 1) display new commanded desktop (see note below)
 2) when current loading is complete, begin loading whatever the last commanded desktop .

note: I have also noticed that the desktop title only displays after the desktop has loaded completely.  An example of the desktop title is attached.  I personally would much prefer this to display as soon as the desktop is commanded instead of when it has completed loading.

if possible, a loading bar would be nice as well,

i have seen the issue with 2 1920x1080 screens as well as a 2560x1440 and 1920x1080.  Screen resolution does not seem to affect the issue by a noticeable amount.

overall, AWM is more than acceptable at the moment.  I just figured i would throw in my 2 cents to try and help improve it.  User feedback is always helpful for me.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/28/2016 21:51:13

Morgan,

We'll consider your request.

But such delay in switching the deskops is still not a normal behavior. If you're interested in solving this problem, could you start AWM and enable Virtual Desktops, open Task Manager > Performance tab, then select the Move to virtual desktop > All Desktops action for Task Manager (it is placed in the Grouping button dropdown list by default).
Then switch between Virtual Desktops repeatedly and see whether the CPU or Memory usage is maxed out during delays. If they are, then check what processes has the greatest values of CPU/Memory usage during the delays. Let us know the results.

Morgan S

Posted: 12/07/2017 08:22:31

well.. that's a terrible message bump, please delete that guy's post/account ...  

but I have to say the latest version doesn't seem to have this issue,(though i have reformatted my entire computer since this issue) plus it now displays the name of the desktop in a small overlay when changing virtual desktops.  Overall I am happy with the changes.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/07/2017 15:13:51

Hello, Morgan

well.. that's a terrible message bump, please delete that guy's post/account
We've already blocked that account and deleted the spam messages, thank you.

We're glad, that you like the changes in the new versions.

Best regards.

Messages 11 - 15 of 15
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register