New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 12 of 12
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «[SOLVED] Uncooperative Duplicate/Extend Changes » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 11625

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 04/29/2014 20:46:04

Dear Lalla,

please try to do the following:
1. Go to Actual Multiple Monitors -> Multiple Monitors -> Desktop Profiles -> 'Dup' -> Monitors Layout and Settings.
2. Select your cloned monitor here - User added an image and check the 'Use this device as the primary monitor' checkbox if it is not checked. User added an image

3. Go to Actual Multiple Monitors -> Window Settings -> Default Settings -> Startup.
4. Select the 'Leave as is' radio button like this - User added an image. This should prevent automatic windows resizing when moved to lower resolution display.

5. Uncheck the 'Move at startup to monitor' checkbox like this - User added an image.
6. Apply your adjustments and try switching profiles while the there are some windows opened on your three monitors.

You could also try selecting 'Primary' radio button on step 5 like this - User added an image.

If these steps don't solve your problem, please provide me with the following 5 screenshots:

1. Multiple Monitors -> Desktop Profiles -> 'Dup' (with cloned monitor selected) - User added an image
2. Multiple Monitors -> Desktop Profiles -> 'Dup' (with 'Extend to' monitor selected) - User added an image

and the same screenshots with each of 3 monitors selected in 'Extend' profile.

Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

Lalla

Posted: 04/29/2014 22:36:07

Hello again!  Fixed it!  What I wound up trying was going into my native NVidia Control Panel telling it to clone 1 to 2 then flopping it back to the correct clone of cloning 2 to 1.  Apparently the toggle over and back stopped whatever weird bug was making it throwing stuff around when I then went back to AMM.  Thanks for all the help troubleshooting and sorry for being such a headache.  This is going to make my life so much easier!

Lalla

Messages 11 - 12 of 12
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register