New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 11
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Move mouse pointer along with window does not work properly , Using AWM 8.0 beta 3 » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 14289

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 07/08/2013 01:53:49

Using this function the mouse pointer always returns to or stays on the original monitor. I have tested this with my Vista Ultimate 32-bit machine, as well as on a reasonable fresh Windows XP virtual machine. The behaviour is reasonably the same on both machines, but a little bit different in the details. What exactly happens is a bit hard and time consuming to explain, so I am hoping that you can confirm the issue on your own machines. If not, I can provide you with more details.

Gerard Booth
Advanced user

Posted: 07/09/2013 01:57:57

I have just tried this with Win8 64bit and it seems to be working fine. I don't usually use this feature myself, but I have been playing with it for a while now and its worked every time so far.

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 07/09/2013 03:37:04

Thanks for responding Gerard. Thanks to your response I have done some more research and I have discovered that the culprit is Tight monitor boundaries. If I have set Tight monitor boundaries (via Mouse > Multiple Monitors) the cursor stays at the original monitor, right at the border between the monitors, sometimes not even visible at first (that is why I thought it was hard and time consuming to explain in more detail). Without Tight monitor boundaries the "Move mouse pointer along with window" function works as expected. From a technical perspective it is a logical explanation, although not the desired behaviour.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/17/2013 18:01:22

Hello Gentlemen

Pim, thank you for your investigation of the problem.

The problem has been confirmed.

We'll try to fix it.

Best regards.

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 07/20/2013 03:11:36

Hello Bogdan,

This issue with Tight monitor boundaries appears to be bigger than just with Move mouse pointer along with windows. At least for a couple of months (!) I have experienced issues where when I moved my mouse to another monitor and then clicked on a window, that my mouse moved back to the original monitor. Up until today I could not reproduce the issue, let alone link it to Tight monitor boundaries, so I had not reported it yet.

The case is that it only happens when I click specific windows on the first monitor. The only application I have been able to consistently confirm today is the Livedrive status window. This is the status window of a backup and a (non-standard) skinned window. If I click that window first and then click something else on another monitor, my cursor is moved back similar to the issue described for Move mouse pointer along with windows. Maybe the other applications that I experienced the issue with were also skinned windows, I do not know. Now that I know the cause I can pay better attention and will update this thread if I can unambiguously pinpoint another application with the issue.

Likely this is the same problem as the one with Move mouse pointer along with windows. I am posting here, so you know it is probably wider than that. Hopefully when you solve that issue, the other issue that I have been experiencing for many months is also resolved.

If you need anymore information just let me know.

Best regards.

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 07/21/2013 17:28:46

Hello Bogdan,

I have been able to confirm another application where the issue described in my previous post occurs: Gentibus CD, a program that I use to keep track of the contents of my external hard disks. If Tight monitor boundaries is switched on and I double click a disk or folder in the contents pane of the Disks tab, and then click anywhere on another monitor, my cursor moves back to the border of the original monitor. As Gentibus CD does not have a skinned window, apparently the issue does not only occur with skinned windows.

I hope this is helpful.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/22/2013 13:33:27

Hello Pim

I was unable to reproduce the problem with Gentibus CD. How do you place the mouse on another monitor after clicking a disk or folder in the program, by simple dragging?

Best regards.

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 07/25/2013 23:11:02

Hello Bogdan,

No, I simply move my mouse to the other monitor and then click in any window on that other monitor. Please be aware that it happens after double clicking a disk or folder in Gentibus CD. If I just single click in Gentibus, it does not happen.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/03/2013 15:48:14

Hello Pim

The problem has been fixed, you can see the fix in the latest Actual Window Manager 8.0.2 version.

Could you confirm the fix?

Best regards.

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 09/03/2013 19:23:53

Hello Bogdan,

Good to see you are back :!:  :) I hope you are well!

I am sorry to say that both issues (mouse pointer does not move with window & the similar issue with a.o. Gentibus CD) still occur in AWM 8.0.2 with Tight monitor boundaries switched on. I have also found another program that has the same issue as Gentibus CD: Spotify. If Spotify is closed there still is a tray icon. If I right click that icon and then select (f.i.) play or pause and right after that click on a window on another monitor the mouse pointer is moved back similarly to the situation I described for Gentibus CD. It does not happen always, but at least 2 out of 3 times I estimate. I have not (yet) been able to figure out why it does not happen consistently, as it (still) does with Livedrive and Gentibus CD.

Best regards.

Messages 1 - 10 of 11
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register