New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 11
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Add a close button to task buttons in taskbar » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 11926

Mike Brazil
Advanced user

Posted: 02/03/2012 14:23:18

Add an option to have a close button  User added an image at the right end of each task button in the taskbar. The button should have the same effect as the close button at the right end of the program's titlebar.

--
Mike

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/06/2012 23:11:42

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the post.

You could use the "Close" mouse action (Actual Window Manager -> Mouse -> Actions -> Close) on a taskbar button.

Does this satisfy your needs?

Best regards.

Mike Brazil
Advanced user

Posted: 02/09/2012 00:50:37

Not really, since it would require at least one key to be pressed while clicking the button. I tried it, but I can't get it to work. I tried selecting each of the available modifier keys as well as combinations of them with the left, right, and double click mouse buttons, but in all cases, the effect was the same as if I hadn't set up the Close action at all. In other words, Ctrl+Left Click, for example, selected multiple buttons but didn't close any of them. Ctrl+Right Click opened the context menu for the taskbar button. The same was true for the other modifier keys and for combinations of modifier keys.

I'd much prefer just having a close button at the right end of every taskbar button.

--
Mike

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/10/2012 00:39:15

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the response.

Not really, since it would require at least one key to be pressed while clicking the button. I tried it, but I can't get it to work. I tried selecting each of the available modifier keys as well as combinations of them with the left, right, and double click mouse buttons, but in all cases, the effect was the same as if I hadn't set up the Close action at all. In other words, Ctrl+Left Click, for example, selected multiple buttons but didn't close any of them. Ctrl+Right Click opened the context menu for the taskbar button. The same was true for the other modifier keys and for combinations of modifier keys.
- The problem has been confirmed. We'll try to fix it.

I'd much prefer just having a close button at the right end of every taskbar button.
- We'll consider this request.

Best regards.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/14/2012 01:54:52

Hello Mike,

This is very strange, but I can't reproduce this problem now.

Maybe, this is related to last windows updates.

Could you try to reproduce this and inform me about your results?

Best regards.

Mike Brazil
Advanced user

Posted: 02/15/2012 00:32:39

I tried it again and got the same results. None of the key combinations I tried for the Close action worked on the taskbar buttons.

--
Mike

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/17/2012 01:29:28

WHat OS are you running (version, 32-bit or 64-bit)?

Could you send me your configuration files(Actual Window Manager -> File -> Send Configuration -> Send to the Tech Support)?

What version of Actual Window Manager are you running?

Best regards.

Mike Brazil
Advanced user

Posted: 02/17/2012 14:26:23

Hi Vasiliy,

I'm using Win XP Pro SP3 32-bit and AWM 6.7.2. I just sent you my configuration.

--
Mike

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/20/2012 00:12:44

Hello Mike,

The "Ctrl+Left Click" and the "Ctrl+Right Click" close mouse actions work correctly on my XP Pro SP3 32-bit machine with the 6.7.2 version of Actual Window Manager.

It seems that "Shift+Alt Double Left Click" action invokes a new instance of an applications appearing.

What antivirus and firewall systems (names, versions) are you running?

What 3-rd party software (names, versions) are you running?

Best regards.

Mike Brazil
Advanced user

Posted: 02/20/2012 23:30:03

Hi Vasiliy,

I'm using Norton Internet Security 2012 for both antivirus and firewall.

Here's a list of everything running on my PC:

PS Tray Factory
ATI Catalyst Control Center
Process Lasso
cFos Speed
Chameleon Task Manager
Avant Browser
Cactus Spam Filter
Outlook Express
CleanMem
Moo0 System Monitor
NetWorx