New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 12
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Windows Hiding my Taskbar , Windows Hiding my Taskbar » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 48375

Brad Sayers

Posted: 12/07/2019 22:19:41

EDIT UPDATE: even though i turn off "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode", when i reboot the computer, it toggles back on. It seems that Actual Window Manager is doing this? Does this make sense?

I have a new setup of Actual Window Manager on a new laptop (dell xps 13, windows 10)

The problem is that on my main laptop display, the windows I open are hiding the taskbar. I must have changed a setting in the app because if I shut down the app the problem goes away. I have two external displays and there is no problem with them.

In windows settings, I turned off "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode"

Can someone tell me which settings I need to change to be able to always see my taskbar? Almost impossible to work like this.

I did a complete uninstall and reinstall, hoping that I would overwrite the app files but that didn't work.

Thanks, Brad

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/09/2019 22:35:47

Hello, Brad

Thank you for contacting us.

Do you mean when you maximize windows on the laptop display they cover the taskbar, or do you mean the taskbar hides automatically even if you don't maximize windows?

Do you have the "Replace the system taskbar" option enabled in the settings of Actual Windows Manager (AWM configuration module > Multiple Monitors > Taskbar > Replace the system taskbar)?

Are you running the latest version of AWM 8.14.2?

Could you specify the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The Window containing the build number will appear).

Best regards.

Brad Sayers

Posted: 12/13/2019 09:44:58

Yes, when I maximize a window on the main laptop display, it will completely cover the taskbar.

My windows build is 1903 (build 18362.535) and AWM 8.14.2

I have the app setting to "replace the system taskbar"

See attached screen shot

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/14/2019 04:56:02

Brad,

Please see whether the "On top" option is enabled in the taskbar context menu. See whether enabling it helps.

Best regards.

Brad Sayers

Posted: 12/17/2019 05:11:49

Yes, the behavior is the same when I make that change

System boots, you can see the taskbar at the top, actual windows manager launches, replaces the system task bar and completely covers the taskbar....which i would assume is at the top. Any window I open will completely go full screen.

Something I noticed however....see the screen shot attached. I assume that actual windows manager is making this change?? I set it to OFF, but after a reboot, I see that it's been toggled on

Not sure...but it might be helpful information

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/18/2019 21:25:04

Brad,

Send us a screenshot of the context menu of the taskbar you have problem with, made when the problem persists.

Also, specify the programs you've noticed the problem with (the programs that overlap the taskbar when you maximize them).

"Automatically hide the taskbar..." option refers to the system taskbar and not to Actual Window Manager taskbars and it stays enabled while Actual Window Manager replaces the system taskbar with its own taskbar.

Best regards.

Brad Sayers

Posted: 12/18/2019 23:32:04

What exactly do you mean by 'context menu of the taskbar'?

Any program that I launch will cover the taskbar (firefox, note pad, chrome, windows explorer, etc.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/19/2019 13:12:35

Brad,

Context menu is the menu that opens when you click the empty space of the taskbar with the right mouse button. The "On top" option should be in the menu of Actual Window Manager taskbar. Make sure it's enabled for the taskbar on the primary monitor.

Brad Sayers

Posted: 12/21/2019 07:16:09

Brad Sayers wrote:

I have the app setting to "replace the system taskbar"

See attached screen shot

I went back into settings and turned off "replace the system taskbar" and that fixed this issue. I included a screen shot early in my posting of this issue....and assumed the setting didn't have anything to do with the issue since no one commented on it. All good now!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/23/2019 18:40:00

Brad,

If the problem is with disabled "On top" option of the AWM taskbar, of course turning off the "Replace the system taskbar" option helps, because doing this you just disable the AWM taskbar on the primary monitor. But this solution is excessive and it's not acceptable if you want to use AWM taskbar on the primary monitor.

Once again, it seems that simple enabling of the "On top" option of the AWM taskbar on the primary monitor should have been enough to solve this problem.

Best regards.

Messages 1 - 10 of 12
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register